Dr. Pepper Cherry® Cheesecake Cookie Cups: These double chocolate cookie cups are filled with a no bake Dr. Pepper Cherry® cheesecake filling and topped with homemade whipped cream!
Happy Summer! Even though the calendar still says we’re still technically in spring (only a few more days!), the minute the weather cranks up to 90 and the schools are out, in my book, it totally qualifies as sweet summertime!
And, I don’t know about you, but even though it has been a while since I’ve been in school counting down the months, weeks, and days until summer break (which always flew by a little too quickly), I still get hit with that “summer feeling.” I know you know what I’m talking about. It’s that mixture of excitement and anticipation combined with really hot days.
Certain smells, sounds, and even tastes, like Dr. Pepper® (am I right or am I right?!), can bring me back to the days of overalls (the first time around), butterfly clips, and listening to homemade mixed tapes on my walkman.
Summer is a kid’s paradise, right?
Summer at its finest right here.
Endless hot days were spent swimming in the pool (or running through sprinklers), vacationing at the best place in the world, hanging out with friends (and re-inacting American Gladiators with siblings), and finding new book series to stay up all night reading (spoiler alert–I was an English lit major in college).
Oh! And I almost forgot the BEST part of summer–practicing for the Olympics in order to be the next Shannon Miller. I don’t know if you can tell by my form in that picture (top right), but I was thiiiiiis close to being selected for the US team.
Pshhh. Only in my dreams (in which I’ll have you know, on more than one occasion I did win the gold). Turns out, you aren’t allowed to have your sister hold your legs while you do a hand stand. Weird.
Much like Dr. Pepper’s Cherry® and Vanilla Float® flavors, summer is only here for a limited time, which is part of the reason the season is so special. Summer, as both a kid and an adult, is not complete without cracking open a can of Dr. Pepper® (especially these amazing flavors!), so make sure to get one of these limited edition flavors before the season flies by!
While I’d gladly just drink these flavors, my baking knows no bounds. Dr. Pepper Cherry® cheesecake? Umm, yes please! It’s summertime, and the eating’s easy.
Especially when the eating involves these chocolate cherry bad boys that are as easy to make as they are to eat.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder optional
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Dr. Pepper Cherry®
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Fresh Cherries optional
- In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add in brown sugar and white sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg, beating well. Add in vanilla and salt. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, corn starch, and espresso powder. Gently incorporate dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Chill dough in fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with baking spray.
- Press 1 Tbsp of dough into each cup, forming dough into the shape of a cup.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, or until dough has baked up into a cookie shell. Because the dough will have expanded, while the cookie cups are cooling in the pan, take a 1 Tbsp measuring spoon and press it into the center of each cookie to reinforce the cup shape.
- Once the cookies have cooled, beat cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in Dr. Pepper Cherry®, and mix until well combined. Add in powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Once fully combined, add in chocolate chips and mix.
- Spoon cheesecake filling into each cup, about 1 Tbsp or so per cookie cup.
- Beat heavy cream with a mixer until soft peaks form. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- With a piping bag, pipe a dollop of whipped cream onto each cookie cup.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours, or even overnight (the longer it chills, the firmer the filling will be).
- When ready to serve, top with a fresh cherry!
Are you ready to take a sip (or bite) back in time? (My hand is totally raised, by the way.) Stop by your favorite local Safeway or Albertsons to grab a case or liter of Dr. Pepper Cherry® so you can get your bake on with this recipe! It’s only available for a limited time, so enjoy it as soon as possible!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dr. Pepper Snapple Group. The opinions and text are all mine.
[…] I want no-fuss desserts that please a crowd yet hold up to a long day of fun. I went for my Dr. Pepper Cherry® Cheesecake Cookie Cups (a ridiculously long name, but so, so worth it) and a set up of s’mores. For a 4th of July […]
[…] ways (between my brother, sister, and me), now that I’m an adult (sometimes), I try to get chocolates and cherries together as much as possible, like in this cherry chocolate chip […]