These summery peach pie blondies are topped with a sweet homemade whipped cream frosting and fresh peaches! These rich brown sugar blondies totally taste like a brown sugar peach pie in a chewy bar form. A sweet and easy summer dessert recipe!
These peach pie blondies are kind of the best peach dessert recipe and my current obsession. How can you resist the flavors of peach pie baked into a brown sugar blondie??
You really can’t. These peach blondies are irresistible!
It’s probably no surprise, but I consume a lot of desserts.
Like, a lot.
So when one dessert keeps coming back to mind (despite all the subsequent desserts I’ve had since), you know it’s good.
These Strawberry Blondies? Ohh.Mmmm.Geeeeee.
Ever since I made them (way back in February…where has the time gone????), I’ve been dying to make them again.
And I sort of did. I subbed out the strawberries and added my absolute favorite summer fruit, the peach, and made what is now my newest summer dessert obsession.
Peach Pie Blondies. Ruining you for all other desserts from this moment forward.
As mentioned above, peaches are, hands down, my favorite summer fruit. I’m pretty much in love with all things watermelon and pineapple as well (umm, this Watermelon Mint Lemonade is pretty much everything), but the peach totally tops the list.
I kind of have a love/hate relationship with them because I can never decide whether I want to eat them all or whether I want to bake all the peachy things.
Umm, not to sound totally dramatic and 100% ridiculous, but it’s like having to pick a favorite child and I just don’t know what to with myself (does that not make you think of Cameron Diaz singing karaoke in My Best Friend’s Wedding??).
So to avoid my problems and confrontation, I buy peaches like they’re going out of style so I don’t have to choose. #problemsolvingskillslevelexpert
I’ve shared a few peach recipes around here, a few of my favorites being this No Bake Peach Cream Pie, these Peach Pie Scones, Peach Pound Cake, and these Peach Cinnamon Rolls (with Cream Cheese Frosting!!! …I kind of have a thing for cream cheese everything).
But, these Peach Pie Blondies just might be my favorite, or at least my favorite of this week (I know, I know…when it comes to desserts, I’m the most indecisive person on the planet. Or maybe I’m just easy to please? 😉).
Maybe you should just try them and you can decide their greatness for yourself.
All right, so let’s talk about these Peach Blondies.
So, what is a blondie?? A blondie is like a brownie, but instead of being rich and fudgy and chocolatey, they’re chewy and brown sugary (and the brown sugar totally gives the blondies an almost fudge-like interior).
Add in the peach pie filling and it’s this sweet cross between fresh peach pie bars and a chewy cookie bar. It’s kind of unbeatable.
And what’s peach pie without whipped cream?? So, obviously, I had to add on some homemade whipped cream frosting.
I can never leave well enough alone, but I have absolutely no regrets about adding on a thick layer of whipped cream frosting on top of these ‘lil babies.
Peach Pie Blondies Tips & Tricks:
- Be careful not to over bake the blondies. They should be soft and chewy, as well as slightly gooey (almost fudge-like) in the center.
- If you did not want to add the whipped cream frosting, these would taste fine on their own, or they would taste amazing with a caramel glaze or even a maple glaze! Guys, the possibilities.
- These should be kept in the fridge, especially if they have the whipped cream frosting on top.
These are peachy keen. 😉
- 1/2 cup fresh peaches, diced
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp Jell-O White Chocolate Pudding Instant Mix
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- chopped peaches
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 baking pan with non-stick foil (this makes it extremely easy to cut the bars, because you can just lift the foil out of the pan and slice).
- With a standing or handheld mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in brown sugar and granulated sugar, and cream the mixture until well combined.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon together. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add in peaches.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan, and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the peach blondies are lightly golden brown and no longer wet in the center.
- With a standing mixer or hand mixer, whip the heavy cream and White Chocolate Pudding Mix until soft peaks form.
- Add in powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and whip until the consistency of whipped cream.
- Spread over cooled blondies, and top with extra peaches, if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Here are some other peach recipes you might love: