This homemade caramel glazed banana bundt cake is such an easy dessert recipe and a perfect recipe to use up all your ripe bananas! This easy caramel banana bundt cake tastes like a cross between a banana cake and a banana bread topped off with an easy caramel glaze recipe!
I am obsessed with this Caramel Glazed Banana Bundt Cake! Cross the best banana bread recipe with an easy banana cake recipe and you’ve got a homemade banana bundt cake that’s to die for!
Someone please explain to me what specifically a ‘snack cake’ is, because, if any cake falls into the ‘snack cake’ category, my snack options are looking up.
I mean, I’ve seen and heard of these snack cake novelties, but I’ve got zero clue how to define it.
Like, can I call this Caramel Glazed Banana Bundt Cake a snack cake if I eat it for snack??
If I eat it for breakfast, can I call it a breakfast cake?
Guys, this is important.
I looked it up once on Google, aka the fount of all knowledge, but I kind of got a bunch of muddled info that left me still wondering what constitutes a snack cake.
Is it the size?
Kind of cake?
How it’s made?
Clearly, cake occupies quite a bit of my thoughts.
I’m not mad about it. I mean, there are worse things.
So, regardless of whether this is a banana cake cake, a banana snack cake, or a banana breakfast cake, let’s just say, I’m a big fan.
Of course, I’m a huge fan of banana bread, banana cakes, and banana muffins (cue these little Banana Nut Muffin bad boys) in general, so it’s pretty obvious I’d be a fan of this banana bundt cake with a caramel glaze that is drool-worthy.
I mean, if you’re looking for recipes for ripe bananas other than banana bread, this cake is a winner!
It’s also extremely convenient that I L-O-V-E all banana desserts, because there always seems to be a few bananas that just couldn’t be eaten in time.
Right? There is just this small window of time before the bananas ripen too much, and of course, they all seem to ripen at the exact same time.
It’s almost as if they want to be baked into something amazing, which I am more than happy to oblige.
As much as I do love a sweet, rich banana bread (or an easy banana bread recipe), I am partial to cake (as made pretty obvious above) so turning these leftover bananas into a bundt cake was a no-brainer.
And the caramel glaze? Well, it had to happen.
The nuts, well, I probably got a little crazy with the amount of walnuts I decided to place on top of the cake, so I’m not offended if you’d prefer to leave a good half of them off (or all of them).
Caramel Glazed Banana Bundt Cake Recipe Tips & Tricks:
- All right, so let’s talk this easy banana bundt cake recipe. I like to mash the bananas by hand, because I like the chunkier texture better. However, you can puree the bananas to make a smoother texture.
- Make sure to grease the bundt cake pan well. I use baking spray, making sure to really coat the inside of the pan well. However, you can butter and flour the inside of bundt pan as well. If your bundt cake does get a little stuck, well that’s what the caramel glaze is for. 😉
- Lastly, the caramel glaze recipe is very simple. The most difficult part is whisking in the powdered sugar, for two reasons. The first reason being that the powdered sugar likes to fly everywhere, so it can be messy. The second reason being that powdered sugar likes to clump, so you can either whisk until smooth, or call it a day and place the walnuts on top (nuts cover a multitude of baking sins 😂).
Banana bundt heaven!
Yields 14-16 Slices
This homemade caramel banana bundt cake is such an easy dessert recipe and a perfect recipe to use up all your ripe bananas! This easy banana bundt cake tastes like a cross between a banana cake and a banana bread topped off with an easy caramel glaze recipe!
25 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in granulated sugar and brown sugar, and beat until well combined. Add in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing until just combined.
- Add in mashed bananas, sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and cake tester comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling, melt butter and brown sugar together in a saucepan over med-low heat. Once melted, add in vanilla extract and heavy cream.
- Once combined, pull off the heat and whisk in powdered sugar. Once combined, allow to sit for 8-10 minutes so the glaze can thicken.
- Pour glaze over the cake, giving it 5-10 minutes to harden.
Post originally published in 2016; updated 2018.