These Gooey Peanut Butter Crumb Bars have a honey graham cracker crust, are filled with the richest, gooiest peanut butter filling, and are topped with a brown sugar oat crumb topping. And a chocolate drizzle, because, I mean, who’s going to complain about chocolate and peanut butter??
I’m sharing a peanut butter chocolate recipe with you twice in one week.
I don’t hate it.
I mean, I am marginally apologetic that I’m sharing with you two ridiculously indulgent, rich, and amazing desserts back to back, but…I just couldn’t help myself. Between this Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter Cream Pie and these Gooey Peanut Butter Crumb Bars, can you really blame me?? I was just a little excited to share these here.
Can we just check off all of these Peanut Butter Bars’ finer points?
Graham Cracker Crust ✓
Gooey Peanut Butter Filling ✓
Buttery Crumb Topping ✓
Chocolate Drizzle (because it wasn’t like they weren’t rich enough already) ✓
These bars turned out wayyy different than I was anticipating. But, they also turned out about a million times better, so I’m not all that sorry about it. I was picturing the texture of the peanut butter bar filling to be less gooey and a little creamier (maybe more custard like?), but this rich peanut buttery goodness that baked up in the oven was not at all what I expected.
BUT OHMYGOSH. These turned out SO good.
I mean, first of all, the graham cracker crust (if pies or bars don’t have cookie crusts, they should definitely have graham cracker crusts–we should probably just make that a rule). The crumb topping deserves a little love as well. It’s full of brown sugar and butter (with some oats and crushed peanuts thrown in for good measure) and it gives the bars a great texture. And then, the filling, obviously. But I’ve already talked your ear off on that one, so I won’t go back into detail over its amazing everything. 😉
Bring on the milk.
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers crushed (about 12 whole graham crackers)
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter (I used natural)
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs + 1 yolk
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- melted chocolate (I used about 3 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 baking pan with non-stick foil (I use foil because it makes it easier to cut and move the bars from the pan).
- Mix crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and honey together (I used a food processor). Once combined, press the crust evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix peanut butter and eggs (2 whole + 1 yolk) together. Add in sweetened condensed milk and stir until combined. Add in sugar, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt, and stir until combined.
- Pour filling over the graham cracker crust. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix flour, oats, peanuts, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together. Add in melted butter, and mix until the crumb topping looks like coarse crumbs. Spread over the top of the peanut butter filling.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until the crumb topping is lightly golden brown. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for about 2-3 hours (this helps the filling to set; it will still be gooey, but you will be able to cut through the bars without them falling apart). Serve cold or at room temperature (we loved them cold and kept all leftovers in the fridge).
Here are some other bar recipes you might love:
Nutella White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
I love bar treats. I love graham crackers. I love PB & chocolate. I’m in love with these!! 🙂 They look fab!
Jessica | Novice Chef says
Holy cow! These look amazing! I’m going to have to make these happen!
Amanda | The Chunky Chef says
These are drop dead gorgeous!!! Amazing photos 🙂
Cathy @ Lemon Tree Dwelling says
I seriously love everything about these bars….especially that FILLING!!!
This is beautiful….that filling, just wow.
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I’m officially drooling over here, Michelle…I WANT these gorgeous bars! You had me at the gooey filling. That peanut butter, crumb topping and graham cracker crust looks just perfect. What a decadently delicious dessert for pb lovers!
Abeer Rizvi says
I am drooling over that crumbly topping! Mmmmmm