These indulgently rich Nutella White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars have a gooey Nutella center!
These Nutella gooey bars are like a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie met a Nutella Cookie Bar to create an irresistible dessert bar! These gooey Nutella bars are the life of the party. With all of the white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, and swirls of Nutella, how could they not be?
Do you know what happens when you mix Nutella with White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie Bars?
Magic. Absolute pure magic happens.
I missed the Nutella train when it first arrived, and ever since, have been pretty Swiss about the whole thing. Don’t get me wrong, I do like the stuff, especially when it’s in THIS, but I can generally take it or leave it (despite what those capitals are telling you).
Recently, though, I’ve been a Nutella kick, which stemmed from a grocery store outing where I planned on buying one thing–peaches (for these sweet rolls)–and instead decided to buy out the whole baking aisle like it was going out of style, including a jar of Nutella.
NEVER go to the grocery store when you’re hungry. #lifelessonswithmichelle
The one decent thing about that train wreck of a grocery run is my new found love for all things Nutella.
Like these bars.
Nutella White Chocolate Macadamia Bar Tips and Tricks:
These easy Nutella dessert bars have a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie crust (it’s a lot like a classic blondie crust as well).
You want to spread a generous layer of Nutella in the middle to achieve that true gooey Nutella bar texture.
You want these to be fully baked, but just fully baked. As soon as the bars look slightly golden brown on top, take them out. This will keep the bars chewy and gooey in the center!
While white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are absolutely fantastic in their own right, and I would gladly eat them by the dozen, adding Nutella takes these bars to a whole new level.
Plus, because I’m about as indecisive as they come when dealing with desserts, I can’t decide whether I like white chocolate and macadamia nuts better or chocolate and macadamia nuts better. You’d think this was a trivial issue, but when food is your life and you have a sweet tooth the size of Texas, making cuts is pretty much like having to pick a favorite child.
This dessert bar combines them all in one with a gooey Nutella surprise inside.
I need a dozen of these.
A Latte Food
Yields 9 Large Blondies
These indulgently rich Nutella White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars have a gooey Nutella center! These Nutella gooey bars are like a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie met a Nutella Cookie Bar to create an irresistible dessert bar! These gooey Nutella bars are the life of the party. With all of the white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, and swirls of Nutella, how could they not be?
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup + 3 Tbsp Nutella, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9x9 pan with tin foil.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in sugars and cream until well combined.
- Add in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in salt and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- In the bottom of the pan, spread half the cookie batter evenly. Since the batter is thick, feel free to use a spatula or your hands to spread it out.
- Spread 1/3 cup of Nutella evenly over the batter.
- Top with remaining cookie batter and spread evenly. Dollop the last 3 Tbsp of Nutella on top of the cookie batter, and with a toothpick, spread and swirl the Nutella around.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
Here are some other recipes I think you’ll love: