This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make A Latte Food possible! #SipIndulgence #CollectiveBias
This decadent dark chocolate toffee coffee cake is the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee filled with rich, NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Liquid Coffee Creamer!
If mornings always started like this, I could be a morning person.
Technically, I’m not not a morning person, but if dark chocolate coffee cake was always involved, I could be an up-at-dawn-it’s-Christmas-and-I’m-ridiculously-excited kind of morning person.
As long as coffee is involved, obviously. A morning just isn’t a morning without one (or three) cups of coffee.
And when paired with one of NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Chocolate Boutique Coffee Creamers? My morning coffee ritual just moved up to level awesome.
Do you know what’s great about this coffee cake, apart from the fact that it’s chocolate filled with dark chocolate chips and kind of looks like a brownie?
It has NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Chocolate Toffee Truffle Liquid Coffee Creamer baked right into it.
Chocolate for breakfast? Totally acceptable.
Of course, this would also make the best afternoon pick-me-up as well. A little coffee, a little coffee cake, and a lot of NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Liquid Coffee Creamer is the best prescription for a case of the afternoon yawns. Pure indulgence.
This I know from experience.
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Chocolate Toffee Truffle Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder optional
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9" circular cake pan or an 8x8 square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, espresso powder and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, lightly mix together oil, egg, vanilla, creamer, sour cream, and milk.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients, and pour wet ingredients into it. Stir gently, as to not over stir the mix.
- Once just combined, fold in dark chocolate chips. Pour into your pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients until combined. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter in the pan. Use a rubber spatula to swirl the topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling, make the icing by stirring together the powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over the top of the coffee cake.
- Serve warm, or cool.
This cake looks absolutely amazing, and I wold definitely eat this for breakfast! Love that the Coffee-Mate coffee creamer is baked right in! #client
Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts says
This would totally turn me into a morning person as well!! This looks incredible, and I wish I had a slice right now.
Marla harrelson says
This WAS incredible! Glad I got to eat it. All I was missing was the coffee creamer!!! Dang it! Off to go get some!
Michelle | A Dish of Daily Life says
Chocolate for breakfast…yes please! This looks amazing…I’d have a hard time stopping at one slice!
Michelle @ The Complete Savorist says
Yum! It looks like it has a perfect consistency. This wouldn’t last past lunch time.
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
This cake looks incredible! Chocolate and toffee together are truly my weakness. And even if I weren’t making this cake, I’d have to get my hands on that chocolate toffee truffle creamer! What an awesome flavor- pinning 🙂
London || Gluten Free with L.B. says
What a wonderful idea to put Coffee-mate creamer as flavoring into the cake! I am literally addicted to the hazelnut. Pinning!
A+ to cake for breakfast, especially this one!!
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
I need to find that Coffee-mate Chocolate Toffee Truffle liquid creamer! This coffee cake looks amazing!
Cyndi - My Kitchen Craze says
Oh man this coffee cake looks amazing! I’m obsessed with coffee so this creamer is right up my alley.
Jessica @ Sprinkle Some Sugar says
I’ve got to try that creamer! Sounds ridiculously amazing. So does this coffee cake, yum!!