Mini Lemon Blueberry Cream Tarts — These mini lemon blueberry cream tarts are tasty, adorable, and could not be easier!
Mini pie crusts are filled with lemon cream and topped with blueberries and lemon zest! Calling all lemon dessert lovers! This lemon blueberry cream tart recipe is a keeper!
So, I’d really like to sit and chat with the NBC exec who thought it would be more appropriate to show Ryan Seacrest lounging on a beach with Matthew McConaughey instead of showing us actual Olympic sports.
Because, obviously, I’m not watching the olympics for the sports, but for that instead. (Cue all the eye rolling.)
I read a headline that called the coverage of the Olympics “atrocious,” and I’m inclined to agree. This only comes around once every four years, and the editing, tape delays, and overall interviews with washed-up celebrities doing overly-dramatic commercials (you’re driving a Lincoln, not ending world hunger) would make you think this was just any other run-of-the-mill show.
We’re practically seeing a highlight reel rather than the sports in their entirety, and I’m pretty irritated over it, in case you couldn’t tell.
I’m also really irritated that Facebook keeps showing Olympic news hours before it’s aired (I could blame NBC for this and their tape delay, but I’m going to pass some blame around 😉 ).
Can’t we all just take a vow of silence until at least after the event is aired?
Pretty please, Facebook? Since you can dictate who I see in my newsfeed, you could totally keep the ads about the Olympics under wraps…
While the Olympic coverage might be ridiculously disappointing, these cute little lemon cream tarts are most definitely not. 😉
These lemon blueberry cream tarts are so, so simple to make!
They take 7 ingredients:
1. Pie Dough (I used pre-made, but you totally opt for homemade! I suggest this Easy Cream Cheese Pie Crust!)
2. Heavy Whipping Cream
3. Lemon Curd (pre-made or homemade)
4. Powdered Sugar
5. Cream Cheese
6. Lemon Zest
And, that’s it. Seven ingredients is all that stands between you and this easy lemon blueberry dessert!
Mini Lemon Blueberry Cream Tarts Tips & Tricks:
The pie dough is cut into small circles with a biscuit cutter, then are blind-baked in a mini muffin tin.
Once they have cooled, they are filled with the lemon cream mixture (heavy cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon curd, and zest), and topped with a blueberry.
They’re bite-sized, creamy, and oh-so-amazing!
While these would be phenomenal any time of the year, these are definitely an Easter dessert staple!
These adorable little desserts are a cross between lemon cream pies and a blueberry tart! They make the perfect summer dessert, because these mini cream pies are so easy to make!
Yields 15-16 Tarts
Mini Lemon Blueberry Cream Tarts -- These mini lemon blueberry cream tarts are tasty, adorable, and could not be easier! Mini pie crusts are filled with lemon cream and topped with blueberries and lemon zest! Calling all lemon dessert lovers! This lemon blueberry cream tart recipe is a keeper!
40 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 9" refrigerated pie dough (I used Pillsbury)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon curd (store bought or homemade
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- Blueberries (about 15-16)
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a small biscuit cutter (I used a 2 1/2" size), cut out small dough rounds, about 15-16 (once you cut out the rounds, if you want to use the scraps and re-roll the dough out, you could probably get 4-5 more dough rounds out).
- Gently flatten each dough round slightly before placing in a mini muffin tin. Using a fork, poke each dough round a few times (the release of air will keep the dough from rising too much). Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the tart shells are lightly golden brown in color. Allow to cool completely.
- While the tart shells are cooling, make the lemon cream filling. With a mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add in powdered sugar and lemon zest, and whip until stiff peaks form. Add in the whipped cream cheese, 2 oz at a time, whipping well after each addition.
- Gently fold lemon curd into the cream.
- With a spoon or a piping bag, add filling to each tart shell.
- Top each with a blueberry and bit of zest.
- Eat immediately, or keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
My favorite products used in this recipe:
Here are some other lemon and blueberry recipes you might love: