This easy pepper jack and bacon stuffed tomato recipe is cute, festive, the perfect party appetizer!
Guys, today is a big day! And not just because I scooped the insides out of cherry tomatoes and decided to stuff them with bacon, cheese, and bread crumbs (although that’s pretty exciting too).
Is the suspense killing you? (Humor me, please)
Well, as much as I’d love to say that I made these glorious bite-sized appetizers because it’s what Thursdays deserve, these adorable apps were made for a virtual baby shower a few of us bloggers are hosting for three wonderful mommas-to-be!
For this virtual shower, we decided to do bite-sized appetizers or desserts to celebrate these three lovely ladies.
Now, 90% of the time, you can count on me for a good dessert. I will take any–any–excuse there is to make a dessert (chocolate is my life). But, sometimes, cheese and bacon sound about as good as any cake or brownie recipe.
Bacon and cheese. The comfort food of dreams.
Make these! You won’t regret it.
- 25 cherry tomatoes (as large as you can find)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 - 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp bread crumbs, plain or Italian
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the broiler on your over and line a baking pan with foil.
- Scoop out the insides of each cherry tomato with a small spoon or pairing knife (if your tomatoes are large enough, a melon scooper will work as well). Lay all tomatoes cut side down onto a paper towel so any remaining liquid or seeds can drain out for about 10-15 minutes.
- Stuff each tomato with cheese and bacon, about 2-3 pieces of bacon per tomato and about 1-2 tsp of pepper jack cheese.
- Place all tomatoes in the baking dish and drizzle with 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top (they will mix with the cheese once broiled, but it gives it a nice flavor).
- Broil for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Best when served warm.
(If the tomatoes will not stand up on their own, cut a small sliver off the bottom of each to give it a flat surface.)