This Pumpkin Pie Fluff Dip is a sweet dessert dip tastes like pumpkin pie cheesecake! Made with real pumpkin puree, marshmallow fluff, and cream cheese, this dip is an easy holiday appetizer or Thanksgiving dessert!
I love marshmallow fluff dips! This Pumpkin Pie Fluff Dip, in particular, is a major favorite around here. It’s got this flavor that’s kind of like a cross between a pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin and marshmallow creamy goodness?? Count me in.
Every fall I get the unquenchable urge to re-watch Gilmore Girls for the umpteenth time.
There’s something incredibly charming about the early seasons, especially season 1 (don’t even talk to me about the revival. I pretend like it doesn’t exist). So many of the episodes revolve around the fall, and the make-believe town of Stars Hollow is so quaint and eccentric I just want to spend the entire fall season sipping coffee at Luke’s with a book in hand.
Since that’s obviously out of the question (don’t worry, guys, I’ve got a great gasp on reality 😉 ), I’ll just have to resign myself to eating my weight in this Pumpkin Pie Fluff Dip while starting the early seasons over again.
Things could be worse.
Seriously though, binge watching my all-time favorite tv show definitely means binging on all the fall desserts.
As you can see, there’s a bit of a trend here.
Fall + Pumpkin + Gilmore = True Love Forever.
Seriously. It’s carved on a tree somewhere, I’m sure.
Anyway…let’s maybe get ourselves straight to the point and talk about this pumpkin dip.
It’s one of those recipes where I almost feel weird calling it a recipe because it’s so dang easy. I mean, sure, there are measurements and whatnot, but it’s only 5 ingredients and 2 of them are spices (well, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract, but you catch my drift).
It’s a play on my mom’s fruit dip that is 100% the best. She used to make it for us all of the time when we were growing up, and while she probably didn’t invent the recipe herself, I will always think of it as hers. It is 2 ingredients: marshmallow full and cream cheese and it’s the best fruit dip I’ve ever had.
And this sweet little pumpkin appetizer right here? Oh yeah. Marshmallow fluff and cream cheese mixed with some fall flavors to make an amazing pumpkin dessert.
However, even though it’s kind of the easiest recipe known to man, I do have some tricks and tips for this Pumpkin Pie Fluff Dip!
- Start with room temperature cream cheese. I know it can be a pain to wait until it truly is softened to room temperature, but it really will make this pumpkin dip smooth and creamy.
- If you’re having trouble spooning the marshmallow fluff out of the jar (because it’s so sticky) wet a spoon with hot water and then spoon out the fluff. If it starts sticking again, wet the spoon again.
- I like to make this dip in advance so that I can chill it before serving. However, it does taste fine at room temperature.
Feel free to skip straight to a spoon.
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese softened
- 1 7 oz jar of marshmallow fluff also known as marshmallow creme
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat cream cheese and marshmallow fluff together until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in pumpkin puree, spices, and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined, about 1 minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve. I prefer this cold, so I like to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Graham crackers, vanilla wafers, or fruit all taste absolutely delicious with this dip! Use whichever you would like.
Here are some other recipes you might love: