These thick and chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are baked with a gooey marshmallow inside, making these rich, chocolatey pumpkin cookies the perfect fall dessert! Plus, a step-by-step video below!
It’s Saturday! And it’s October!
Maybe–just maybe–that means Cali will get it together and I can break out the boots and sweaters without feeling like heat stroke is just around the corner??
A girl can dream.
Any of you who live in a place where seasons exist outside of a calendar date, please (pretty please), drink a pumpkin spice latte for me? And maybe eat a pumpkin chocolate chip scone?? And perhaps a batch of these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies???
That’s asking a lot, I know. But I would be eternally grateful to you all!
So for those of you not still wearing shorts and sandals (and staring longingly at your scarves and cute hats), these pumpkin cookies are the perfect fall dessert!
These are sort of like a cross between a s’more, a slice of pumpkin pie, and a chocolate chip cookie.
If that doesn’t sound like a match made in Heaven, I don’t know what else does.
I love the addition of pumpkin in chocolate chip cookies, because it adds incredible texture to the cookies (apart from flavor). These cookies are rich and chewy, as well as incredibly thick.
Adding in marshmallow yields an extra gooey, extra sweet cookie that is hard to resist! Or, hard to resist if you’re a sweet-tooth-obsessed-brunette-who-may-or-may-not-have-a-hollow-leg.
The video below 👇🏻 offers a step-by-step account of how to make these cookies. It’s my first video so it’s a little rough. However, I totally pulled Phoebe and dressed up my hands for the shoot.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 5 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6-7 large marshmallows cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy, about a minute.
- Next, add in sugars and cream until combined.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, and cloves.
- Mix with wet ingredients.
- Once combined, add in chips. Stir.
- Allow the dough to chill for at least 30 minutes in the fridge (or freeze cookie sheet of made dough balls for 5 minutes before baking).
- Take about 2 Tbsp of dough and flatten it slightly in your hand. Stick a half marshmallow in the center, and fold the cookie dough around the marshmallows, forming it into a ball (watch video below for more info). Make sure the marshmallow is completely covered by the dough.
- Place evenly on a cookie sheet, and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
My favorite products used in this recipe:
Here are some other pumpkin recipes you might enjoy: