These chocolate covered strawberries are filled with a marshmallow cream! This is a super simple dessert that uses only 4-ingredients and comes together quickly! Chocolate dipped strawberries are one of my favorite desserts, and these cream filled chocolate covered strawberries add an extra twist to the classic dessert! Plus, a step-by-step video!
Chocolate covered strawberries are totally appropriate all year long, right?
Especially when they have a cream-filled center?
In case you aren’t exactly sure of the correct answer, I’m going to give you a freebie:
YES. Yes to both. Chocolate covered strawberries are perfect any time of the year (much like all things mint 😉), and when they have a marshmallowy, creamy filling, they should probably be made twice as much. If added to a homemade brownie, maybe three times as much. I don’t know, it’s just a working theory.
Okay, so while these Cream Filled Chocolate Covered Strawberries are super easy, they do have a couple stages to them.
First of all, when it comes to dipping fruit in chocolate, the fruit itself needs to be dry. The strawberries you use in this recipe should not be overripe. The wetter the strawberry, the harder it will be to dip it in the melted chocolate.
Secondly, once the strawberries are filled with cream, they do need to be refrigerated (about 20 minutes) before they are dipped in the chocolate. Otherwise, the cream will begin to melt into the chocolate.
Lastly, these really should be made the day of, rather than ahead of time. While you can technically make them the night before, sometimes the strawberries can shrink away from the chocolate if in a cold space (like the fridge) for an extended period of time (7-8+ hours). Plus, the cream filling makes these berries more perishable.
The video below offers step-by-step instructions! 👇🏻
- 18 large strawberries
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 oz marshmallow creme
- 8 oz chocolate almond bark or semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Cut an 'X' in the tops of each strawberry (see video above), making sure only to cut about 3/4 of the way down. Use your fingers to open the pieces of the strawberry a little bit (this will make it easier to fill with cream).
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and marshmallow creme together. With a piping bag or ziplock bag with the tip cut off, squeeze filling into each strawberry, being careful not to overfill the strawberries. (i.e., the filling should not be leaking out the sides of out the top)
- Place strawberries on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and refrigerate for 20 minutes (this allows the filling to chill properly).
- Over a double broiler or in the microwave, melt baking chocolate or almond bark, until smooth. Allow the chocolate to cool 1-2 minutes before dipping the strawberries.
- Holding onto the stem, dip each strawberry into the chocolate and then gently place each chocolate covered strawberry back onto the parchment paper. Repeat for all berries.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the strawberries, if desired.
- Refrigerate strawberries until ready to eat (strawberries are best if eaten within 3-4 hours of being made).
Here are some other strawberry recipes you might love: