These easy homemade pepper jack cheese and herb biscuits are a perfect side dish to any meal! These homemade biscuits are made with heavy whipping cream, which gives them a light and flaky texture. The spice and flavor of the pepper jack cheese pairs perfectly with the herbs, making these my newest obsession!
It’s a little know fact about me that I love biscuits.
In a perfect world, every single morning would begin with buttery, flaky biscuits slathered with honey. Also, in a perfect world, every night would end with these Pepper Jack and Herb Biscuits.
But, we don’t live in a perfect world, and even though these biscuits seriously are E-A-S-Y, there isn’t always time to whip up a batch. Which, let’s be honest, is probably for the best since biscuits aren’t exactly known for their health content.
However, if you’re in a desperate need for comfort food (like, I need it and I need it now), these biscuits are definitely your new BFF for life. 😉
I don’t know what your typical Easter fare is, but I’m pretty certain no one would mind if you added these to the menu. Especially since they come together in no time!
Back in the day, I used to think biscuits were super duper difficult to make. Instead of making a homemade biscuit batch, I’d opt for canned biscuit dough or something (which I totally do love–it’s perfect on its own, or used to make Apple Pie Muffin Twists or Chocolate Croissants!). While there still are moments when I’d grab canned biscuit dough over homemade biscuits, it’s not because I’m intimidated anymore by making biscuits at home. This recipe is super easy–promise!
It’s only 5-ingredients, and can be made from start to finish in under 40 minutes (20-25 minutes of prep; 14-15 minutes of baking). These are definitely worth a try!
Comfort food to the max.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried herbs (fresh would work as well, such as an Italian herb blend)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup melted butter (for brushing on top)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and dried herbs together.
- With a pastry cutter or fork, work butter into the flour mixture, until the mix is crumbly.
- Add in pepper jack cheese, and mix.
- Lastly, add in whipping cream, and mix just until the dough comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface, turn out biscuit dough and knead 2 or 3 times, just until dough comes together in a ball. Pat the dough into a circle, about 3/4" thick. With a 2" biscuit cutter (or any size you want), cut out the biscuits and place on the baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of each biscuit with melted butter. Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
Adapted from Southern Living.
Here are some other bread recipes you might like: