This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make A Latte Food possible!
This easy cobbler recipe is full of juicy apples, mixed berries, and topped with Martha White® Mixed Berry Muffin Mix for a sweet and simple cobbler topping!
If your Friday night plans do not include this cobbler, I’m going to insert my two cents worth here and tell you that it absolutely should.
Does that sound pushy? I promise, I’m not a pushy person, I just really, really don’t want you to miss out on something that could possibly change your life.
See? I’m being completely, 100% selfless here.
I’m a giver.
Apart from helping you better your life with cobbler, I’m also going to let you in on a baking secret:
Martha White® Muffin Mix, to be exact.
Muffin mixes can be used to make muffins (#thankscaptainobvious), pancakes, cookies (wait for it, because that one’s coming!), and cobbler topping.
Basically, these muffin mixes are magic disguised as a pantry staple.
So, the fabulous Martha White® and her products can be found at your local Kroger store, which in my case, is Ralph’s (as you can see documented above!). Martha White® Baking Mixes can be found in the baking section, so keep a weather eye out. You do not want to miss these!
In case you aren’t yet convinced, Martha White® has been around for over 100 years, so you know they’re doing something right. 😉
I’ve always had a special place in my heart for cobbler, as it reminds me of all the years of memories I have from family vacations. Every summer (and the occasional winter) my family spends time up at our family cabin in the mountains. My grandparents built it before I was born, so I have spent every summer of my life up at that cabin, and it is my absolute favorite place in the world.
Besides hiking, lounging on the deck, and my sister and me trying to coerce everyone that we really, honestly do need to eat ice cream every night (it’s a vacation truth), one of our most favorite traditions is having homemade apple and peach cobbler courtesy of my dad.
He makes a mean cobbler.
- 2 cups mixed berries fresh or frozen, thawed (I used a mix of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- 1 1/2 cups apples thinly sliced (I used Honey Crisp)
- 2 Tbsp cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1 7oz Martha White® Mixed Berry Muffin Mixes
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh Berries
- Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x9 baking dish (11x7 works fine as well) with cooking spray.
- Mix apples and berries into a large bowl. Add brown sugar, white sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and all spice together to the fruit and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, with a pastry cutter or fork, combine butter, muffin mix, and brown sugar until well combined (it will take a few minutes to work the butter into the mix).
- Pour fruit in an even layer in the baking dish. Top with spoonfuls of the muffin mix (the topping does not need to cover all of the fruit). Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling and the muffin mix is golden brown and set.
- Serve with whipped cream, fresh berries, and/or ice cream!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of J.M. Smucker’s®. The opinions and text are all mine.
JULIANA ANDREW says
I’ve not tasted apple berry cobbler but i know it will taste nice i will try its at home.
I’m a big believer in the convenience of a good mix now and then, and I haven’t heard of this one, I’m definitely going to be looking for it from now on, thanks!