White Chocolate Cherry Almond Cookies | These soft cookies are thick, chewy, and packed with white chocolate chips, cherries, and amazing almond flavor! Day 4 of the 14 Days of Love!
You might be shocked to know this, but I have a real thing for cookies. I’m pretty positive I once said they were my love language, and I still feel like that’s a pretty accurate statement.
Because really, what’s not to love about them?
1. They’re portable. A dessert I can take with me anywhere is a little something I like to call winning.
I mean, you may not want to, but you can. And I like that. #freedom
3. They’re easy. You just can’t beat a dessert that can be made, baked, and eaten in under an hour. I know good things come to those who wait and all, but when dealing with dessert, sometimes you don’t have the willpower to wait for something like cheesecake (although, I would never turn down a slice of cheesecake–that’s neither here nor there, though).
Because I love cherries. Foolproof logic right there.
But cherries strike me as pretty underrated. It might just be me, but I feel like cherry desserts are not as prevalent as other fruit desserts. I live for cherry pie, cherry cheesecake, and the cherry on my shakes. #whyisthereonlyone
Begin by creaming the butter until it is light and fluffy. The lighter and fluffier the butter, the more tender your cookie will be. Next, add in sugar, egg, almond extract, vanilla extract, and salt.
Add in the usual suspects of flour, baking soda, and cornstarch and mix with the wet ingredients until combined.
Next add in slivered almonds, then the white chocolate chips, the dried cherries, a quick chill, a scoop onto the baking sheet, a 10-12 bake, and then into pure cherry almond white chocolate goodness!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Beat butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in brown sugar and white sugar and beat until well creamed. Beat in the egg, almond extract, vanilla extract, and salt. Once combined, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and cornstarch. Once combined, slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Once combined, add in white chocolate chips, almonds, and cherries. Mix.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. (Or, if you're impatient like me, scoop the dough onto a baking sheet, and pop into the freezer for five minutes and then bake).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop dough into 2-inch Tbsp balls, place 2-inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden brown--this ensures they are soft and chewy!
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
My favorite products used in this recipe:
Check out the other 14 Days of Love:
Day 1: Funfetti Blondie Bites