This post is written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. All opinions are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make A Latte Food possible! #Pillsbury
This Apple Butter Ham Pizza is made with Pillsbury’s Best Pizza Dough, and is the perfect blend of savory and sweet. The classic combination of apples and cheese give this homemade pizza recipe unique flavor, making it the perfect savory fall dinner recipe!
Back when I was a just a little freshman in college (a baby, pretty much), my sister and her husband had me over often at their apartment for dinner.
My sister and I are best friends, and one of the added perks of where I went to school was that she lived less than 20 minutes away. Because freshman lived in dorms and didn’t have access to a kitchen, I visited often for dinner, as a home cooked meal was a welcomed change from campus food.
It was during one of those dinners that they introduced my naive tastebuds and small-minded palate to the wonder of apple, cheese, and pizza.
Yeah. Mind-blown. Apple Butter Ham Pizza is a sweet and savory combination that’s got fall (and delish) written all over it.
Now, I’ve always been a fan of pineapple on pizza, so you’d think apples on pizza would automatically sound fantastic. Right?
Mmm, not so much. At the time, I was fairly wary of this pizza they were dying to share with me. No red sauce? Apples and cheese? And ham? All on a pizza?
Thanks for the invite, guys.
You know what? I can admit when I’m wrong.
That pizza was pretty amazing.
And, sadly, it’s been years since I’ve had that pizza or any pizza even remotely like that. I had to rectify that situation immediately, and based this pretty little Apple Butter Ham Pizza off of that one.
All right, so let’s talk the hero in this recipe: the crust (made with Pillsbury’s Best Pizza Dough).
A pizza is only as good as its crust, right? It’s the entire foundation of the whole recipe, and it should be sturdy yet soft, and incredibly flavorful.
Pillsbury’s Best Pizza Dough not only checks off those boxes (sturdy, soft, and flavorful), it’s also made with fresh, clean ingredients. Pillsbury’s Best is a new product, and can be found in the refrigerated dough section at your local grocery store.
Apart from it’s incredible flavor and fresh ingredients, it’s also extremely convenient. All you have to do is “unroll, top, and bake.” In fact, the dough comes wrapped in the parchment paper you bake it on, which makes prep time and clean up a breeze.
Guys, this is fall-tastic.
- 1 Pillsbury’s Best Pizza Dough (12”)
- 1 cup apple butter
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 4-5 slices of ham, cut into fourths (I used thin sliced ham deli meat, but any ham or Canadian bacon works as well)
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced apples, about half an apple
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and roll out pizza dough onto a baking sheet (keeping the dough on the parchment paper it was rolled in).
- Brush pizza dough with olive oil, and sprinkle the dough with ground pepper and oregano.
- Spread apple butter on top of the dough.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the apple butter.
- Top with ham slices and apple slices.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- (The parchment paper will brown as the pizza is cooking, which is normal).
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Head on over to the Pillsbury website for more recipe inspiration, and don’t forget to tag @Pillsbury and #Pillsbury when sharing your creations!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.