This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #TrySomeTHINGood
This creamy avocado dip is filled with fresh cilantro, black beans, and roasted corn for a simple dip recipe perfect for an easy appetizer or quick and easy snack!
Lately, my niece has been declaring that she needs everything.
Like, she needs a slice of ‘happy birthday cake’ (as she calls it), or she needs more cheese.
Or, she needs a snack.
It’s absolutely adorable and entirely relatable. There are so many times when I feel like I need myself a snack, or some happy birthday cake (because, well, cake).
Of course, it’s not nearly as endearing when an adult proclaims they need something as it is an adorable toddler with a huge smile.
For instance, I need some Baked Avocado Chicken Burritos right now, or I neeeed (a la What About Bob) a slice of this Potato Tart… sounds ridiculous and whiny.
However, one bite of this Creamy Avocado Dip with Black Beans and Roasted Corn, and you just might be saying, ‘I need this for snack later today.’ And I would totally understand. 😉
All right, so let’s talk about this creamy avocado dip (next to GOOD THiNS- The Potato One- Sweet Potato, it is the reason you’re all here 😉 ).
This dip is made up of just a few simple components:
-Sour Cream (or plain Greek yogurt—whichever you prefer)
-Cumin, Chili Powder, & a dash or two of salt
It’s creamy, full of flavor, and filled with the perfect amount of spice (of course, if you prefer things spicier, because I can be a bit of a spice wimp, feel free to add more to your liking).
I think the next question we’re all asking is, “Hmm, what should I dip into this Creamy Avocado Dip?” 😉
And there are 3 acceptable answers here:
-GOOD THiNS- The Potato One- Sweet Potato
-GOOD THiNS- The Beet One- Balsamic Vinegar & Sea Salt
-GOOD THiNS- The Wheat One- Ancient Grains
All of these GOOD THiNS start with real ingredients, like potatoes, beets, and rice, and are combined with amazing flavors, like sweet potatoes, balsamic vinegar, and spinach.
Their thin, crispy texture comes solely from baking, and they are free from all artificial flavors, colors, cholesterol, partially hydrogenated oils, and high fructose corn syrup.
These are the real deal—real snacks baked with real ingredients.
- 2 large avocados
- 2 Tbsp sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup roasted corn, warmed (frozen roasted corn heated in the microwave is fine)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt, depending upon taste preference
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin, feel free to add more or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground chili powder, feel free to add more or less to taste
- Serve with GOOD THiNS- The Potato One- Sweet Potato and GOOD THiNS- The Beet One- Balsamic Vinegar & Sea Salt, and/or GOOD THiNS- The Wheat One- Ancient Grains
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop out avocado, and mash in a large bowl.
- Add in sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Add in black beans, roasted corn, and all seasonings. Stir until combined.
- Serve with GOOD THiNS- The Potato One- Sweet Potato, GOOD THiNS- The Beet One- Balsamic Vinegar & Sea Salt, and/or GOOD THiNS- The Wheat One- Ancient Grains
- Enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers.
You can find GOOD THiNS at your local Ralphs, so be sure to head on over to your local Kroger store to grab a box (or all three! 👇🏻 ) to snack on!
Here is a breakdown of the specs of each:
-GOOD THiNS- The Potato One- Sweet Potato: These are made with real sweet potatoes, and have 60% less fat than a typical fried potato chips. If you share these, you just might hear, “Sweet. You’re the sweetest.”
-GOOD THiNS- The Beet One- Balsamic Vinegar & Sea Salt: These are a new product that taste amazing! They have a tangy twist and are flavored with balsamic vinegar and sea salt. They totally turn up the beet on the usual snack.
-GOOD THiNS- The Wheat One- Ancient Grains: These new ‘lil babies are filled with ancient grains like quinoa, amaranth, and millet, and are baked thin, crispy, and totally delicious. They have 100% whole grain wheat baked inside, taking the age-old grain and modernizing it for the new age.
This sounds so yummy! I love avocado anything!