These adorable Halloween Cookie Truffles are so fun for fall! Cookies and cream cheese get mix together to make the filling of each truffle. When dipped in white almond bark and decorated for Halloween, these easy cookie truffles are sure to be a Halloween dessert favorite!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackItAndPackIt #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
How in the world is it October already?!
Three weeks ago, when it was oddly cold (for California’s standards) and I broke out the sweaters, it did in fact feel like fall.
Of course, last week we had a heat wave to end all heat waves (I’m being dramatic), and October, fall, and harvest fun felt very, very far away.
But, the calendar doesn’t listen to the weather, and whether (ha, see what I did there??) it feels like fall or not, it’s here.
Which, of course, means it’s time for alllll the fall baking to begin! Or, if you’re like me, all the fall baking to continue…
If I have any say about it, might I persuade you to begin with these adorable Halloween Cookie Truffles??
Have you ever made cookie truffles before?
If you haven’t, you have got to try these asap! Cookie truffles are incredibly easy, because they begin with pre-made cookies and cream cheese.
For these particular truffles, I used Keebler® Cookie Mini Fudge Stripes. I am a huge fan of these cookies, as they totally remind me of my grandfather and visiting him and my grandma in the summer. He always had stashes of cookies around, and we always shared a cookie or two when we were together.
Keebler® Cookie Mini Fudge Stripes are shortbread mini cookies that are baked to perfection in the Hollow Tree®, and are striped with fudge made from 100% real cocoa. They are a super fun snack on their own, or super fun when used as an ingredient in baking!
Uncommonly Made. Uncommonly Good.®
The decoration of these truffles were inspired by some cake pops my RA in college had made for a pumpkin carving party a few years ago.
At the time, cake pops were relatively new, and all of us were obsessing over how ingenious they were. She was super crafty and would decorate the cake pops all sorts of ways, and I immediately fell in love with the idea.
These cookie truffles were the perfect canvas for my attempts at being all crafty and creating something super cute for fall and Halloween.
These Halloween Cookie Truffles would be perfect for a classroom party, gifts for neighbors and friends, and as a fun activity for a Halloween party.
They are so easy to make that they are a perfect way to involve your kids in a fun food activity!
But really. How cute are these??
- 10 oz Keebler® Cookie Mini Fudge Stripes, about 10 small bags
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 12 oz white almond bark
- green and orange frosting, if desired (I used store-bought frosting in the cake decorating aisle)
- 1 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp regular-sized chocolate chips
- In a food processor, blend cookies until they are fine crumbs.
- In a bow, mix cookie crumbs and cream cheese together. Mix (with a spatula or with a mixer) until well combined.
- With a small cookie scoop (or by hand), roll mixture into 1" balls, and place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the almond bark in the microwave or over a double broiler.
- Once the almond bark is melted, dip each cookie truffle into the almond bark (I used two forks to fully coat each cookie truffle), then place each truffle back on the parchment paper so the almond bark can set.
- If making mummies, before the almond bark set completely on the cookie truffles, stick two mini chocolate chips into each truffle to use as 'eyes.' Next, pour some almond bark into a piping bag (or ziplock bag), snip off the edge, and drizzle over each truffle, giving a mummy-like appearance.
- For pumpkins, pipe orange frosting down the sides of each truffle, starting at a central point on the top of each truffle. Place a regular-sized chocolate chip on top (it will stick to the frosting). Next, pipe green frosting around the tops of each truffle.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Head over to your local Kroger store where you can find these Keebler® Cookie Mini Fudge Stripes as well as these other Kellogg’s products:
Keebler® & Cheez-It® Variety Pack
Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® Original
Cheez-It® Variety Pack
Right now, these are a limited time special pricing at your local Kroger store! Also, Don’t forget to grab a coupon from the Kroger site and visit their social hub!