Milk Chocolate Chip Caramel Stuffed Cookies: These thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies are packed with milk chocolate and M&Ms, and stuffed with gooey caramel candies! Day 8 of the 14 Days of Love.
These Milk Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookies are rich, gooey and absolutely the perfect fix for any chocolate craving.
If I can give you one piece of advice for this upcoming week, it’s to make these cookies.
Yep. That’s it. You won’t regret it. Unless you don’t like caramel, which if that’s the case, these cookies just might change your mind (but really, who doesn’t like caramel? It’s all sugar and butter and other things that are GOOD 😉).
They were born out of a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich I had in NYC at Milk & Cookies Bakery. Let’s just talk about this bakery for a sec. I mention it briefly here, but I’m going to reiterate it because the place is just too cute. If you’re ever in the big apple, make it a point to check out this quaint shop in the West Village. It’s cookies on cookies with ice cream sandwiched in between and it’s brilliant. Plus, it’s near Joe, and there is nothing like a cookie ice cream sandwich polished off with an iced mocha.
Also, aren’t these cookies festive???
I’ll have you know these m&ms came from a leftover bag of Christmas M&Ms. I painstakingly separated the red from the green because I suffer from chronic grocery store laziness (which is a condition where I’d rather do anything than run to the grocery store for a forgotten ingredient).
It was not as easy as it might seem.
But, you know what they say, waste not want not. So, there’s that. It’s my justification and all.
Tips and tricks for these Milk Chocolate Chip Caramel Stuffed Cookies:
- For these cookies, you begin by creaming the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. Once combined, add in the egg and vanilla extract. Add in the salt and espresso powder.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, and baking soda. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add in milk chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Chill the dough for about 20 minutes so that it’s easier to work with when stuffing with chocolate coated caramels (like rolos). You can use soft caramel chews, but they tend to harden when the cookies cool, making it difficult to eat unless you pop them in the microwave for a few seconds. I like rolos because they stay soft and gooey no matter what.
Milk Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookies Tips cont.
- Once the dough is chilled, take one tablespoon of dough and flatten slightly in the palm of your hand. Place a chocolate coated caramel in the center. Take another tablespoon of dough and lay it over the chocolate coated caramel. Seal the top and bottom dough together, smoothing it into a circle.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until they are lightly golden brown. This keeps them soft, chewy, and amazing!
Look at that caramel goo. 😍
These Milk Chocolate Chip Caramel Stuffed Cookies are thick and chewy, and rich and gooey! All you need is a tall glass of milk to go with them.
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup m&ms (I used mini, but feel free to use large*)
- 12-14 chocolate coated caramels, like Rolos
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter with a mixer until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add in brown sugar and white sugar and cream until well combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Next, add in salt and espresso powder.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, cornstarch, and baking soda. Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Once combined, add in milk chocolate chips and m&ms. Mix until combined.
- Allow dough to chill for about 20 minutes (it makes the dough easier to work with when stuffing with caramel).
- Once chilled, scoop out 1 Tbsp of dough and flatten slightly in the palm of your hand. Place a chocolate covered carmel in the center. Top the caramel with another Tbsp of dough, and seal the dough together with your fingers. Do the same for the rest of the cookies.
Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden brown.
*If you use regular m&ms, I would suggest using 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (instead of 3/4 cup) and 1/2 cup m&ms.
My favorite products used in this recipe:
Check out some of the other 14 Days of Love: