This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterTogether #CollectiveBias
These double chocolate cookies are loaded with peanut butter, peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips. If that isn’t enough, they’re also stuffed with chocolate caramels. Your favorite DREYER’S Candy Ice Cream in cookie form. 🙂
If there’s one thing I like better than cookies, it’s cookies accompanied by a giant bowl of ice cream. Just keepin’ it real, guys. Cookies and ice cream go together better than cookies and milk, in my opinion (ice cream is just a thicker, creamier version of milk, right?? 😉 ).
Now, you learn a lot of things in college, like how to co-exist with 30 other girls in a dorm, or that waking up 21 minutes before class is enough time to get ready, grab a cup of coffee, and get to class on time, but waking up 20 minutes before is too late. Or, that when you’ve had a particularly rough day and you’re fresh out of clean spoons, cookies can scoop ice cream like nobody’s business.
These thick, rich, and chewy double chocolate peanut butter caramel stuffed cookies can moonlight as an ice cream scoop any day, in my book.
These chocolatey cookies are loosely based off of two DREYER’S Candy Ice Creams:
DREYER’S Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream and DREYER’S BabyRuth Ice Cream.
Inspired by candies like Nestlé Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Cups and Baby Ruth®, these rich, creamy ice cream flavors are made with fresh milk and cream and no rBST (milk production hormone) or artificial colors or flavors, making them smooth, velvety, and the perfect dessert on a hot summer day (with these cookies on the side, of course 😉 ).
Cookies and ice cream were made for summer celebrations, because, let’s be honest here, it’s always a celebration when cookies and ice cream are involved.
Plus, I’m always a sucker for fun, unique ice cream flavors. Don’t get me wrong, I love a basic, classic flavor as much as the next person, but, when DREYER’S offers Candy Ice Cream flavors like these, game over.
I’m on a mission to try them all. Who’s with me?! (Don’t make me go on this journey alone…)
So, grab a scoop, your favorite DREYER’S Candy Ice Cream, and a few friends or family members to get the ice cream party started! Ice cream is the perfect excuse to celebrate togetherness and catch up with loved ones!
Spoons and bowls optional. 😉
Yields 12-14 Large Cookies
These double chocolate cookies are loaded with peanut butter, peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips. If that isn't enough, they're also stuffed with chocolate caramels.
50 minPrep Time
16 minCook Time
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups
- 12-14 chocolate coated caramel candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and peanut butter until well incorporated. Add in brown sugar and white sugar; cream. Beat in the egg, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Lastly, add in vanilla extract and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and espresso powder. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Dough will be thick.
- Once combined, add in milk, beginning with 2 Tbsp. If the dough still seems extra thick, add in the last Tbsp.
- Add in 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter cups; mix.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes (it makes it easier to handle when stuffing with the caramel candies).
- Place 1 Tbsp of dough in the palm of your hand, and flatten slightly (like pictured above). Place a caramel candy in the center, and cover with another 1 Tbsp of dough, and roll into a ball.
- Place the dough evenly on a cookie sheet, about 6 per tray.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies look firm.
- Enjoy with DREYER'S Candy Ice Cream!
My favorite products used in this recipe: