This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FoundMyDelight #CollectiveBias
This easy No Bake Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream Pie is made with homemade caramel ice cream and sits on a pretzel crust! When topped with homemade mocha ganache, this ice cream pie is the perfect summer dessert!
It’s safe to say I’ve found my newest dessert obsession: Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream Pie.
I don’t hate it.
I mean, I’m not even that much of an ice cream person and I pretty much can’t stop thinking about this pretty little pie.
Don’t get me wrong, I do like ice cream (and I’m definitely no stranger to the creamy good stuff), but I do have to be really, really in the mood for it. Otherwise, it’s just too rich and I just can’t handle it (says the girl who eats chocolate like it’s going out of style—yeah, yeah I’m weird).
But this ice cream pie?
Gimme. Gimme. I need. I neeeed (ala What About Bob style).
All right, so let’s talk logistics of this pie.
First things first, this pie gets it incredible flavor from International Delight® Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee. As one of my favorite coffee drinks, it was really a no-brainer to add it to this pie (best decision of my life, in case you were wondering ;-)).
This homemade caramel macchiato ice cream is a no-churn caramel ice cream recipe, which is incredibly convenient, because you can just pour the ice cream into the crust and freeze it as is.
And it’s soooooo good. So, there’s that.
Plus, while the classic coffeehouse combo (in a fridge-friendly ready-to-drink iced coffee) is the perfect ingredient for this pie, it’s even more perfect to drink over ice.
I mean, is there anything better than having your favorite coffee house drink conveniently right in your fridge?? You can avoid the crazy busy, crazy priced coffee houses all the while getting your coffee fix.
Ugh, and with the impending summer heat, all the cold drinks are totally a necessity.
Moving on, the crust of this pie is made with crushed pretzels. The saltiness from the pretzels pairs well with the sweetness of the caramel.
Of course, you could easily substitute graham crackers for the crust as well.
Lastly, the homemade ganache is made with International Delight® Mocha Iced Coffee and dark chocolate.
Drizzle it on the whole pie, or drizzle it on each individual slice (like I did).
Guys, it’s your life. Do what you want (like drizzling the ganache on twice ;-))
The International Delight® Mocha Iced Coffee is the perfect pairing, because chocolate and coffee complement each other extremely well. It’s perfect in the ganache, and perfect in a glass over ice!
Who wants a slice (besides me)?
- 3 cups pretzels
- 8 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp caramel sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup International Delight® Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee
- 6 oz International Delight® Mocha Iced Coffee
- 12 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- Whipped Cream
- Crushed toffee or nuts
- Crush pretzels with a food processor. Add in melted butter and vanilla extract, and pulse until combined. Press crust into a 9” pie plate. Set aside.
- With a standing mixer or hand mixer, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce, and International Delight® Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee.
- Once combined, slowly add the mixture to the whipped cream, gently folding the mixtures together until just combined.
- Pour the ice cream into the crust (you may have some leftover ice cream, which you can pour into a freezer safe container and enjoy later).
- Drizzle some caramel sauce on top of the ice cream, and using a toothpick or knife, swirl the caramel into the ice cream.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, make the mocha ganache.
- In the microwave or over a double broiler, heat the International Delight® Mocha Iced Coffee until just barely boiling.
- Place dark chocolate in a separate bowl, and pour the hot liquid over it.
- Allow the heat to start melting the chocolate (about 15-30 seconds), then stir until the mixture is combined. Allow the mocha ganache to sit for several minutes to thicken up.
- Drizzle ganache either over the entire pie or onto each individual slice. If desired, add whipped cream, toffee, and/or nuts.
- (Store leftover pie in the freezer).