This No Bake Oreo Chocolate Cream Pie begins with a homemade oreo crust, has a layer of rich chocolate ganache, a layer of dreamy chocolate cream pie, and finally homemade whipped cream on top. It’s rich, ultra-decadent, and such an easy no bake dessert!
I’m pretty much in love with everything about this No Bake Oreo Chocolate Cream Pie. The chocolate oreo pie filling is to die for, and the homemade ganache kind of makes this no bake oreo pie taste like a cross between oreo fudge and chocolate cream pie.
It’s practically perfect!
All right, let’s discuss GPS and Google Maps for a hot minute.
Why is it that when you’re in an area you’re familiar with, Siri (or at least that’s who narrates my map for me) is a stage 5 clinger and can’t leave you alone (worst backseat driver EVER), but when you’re lost somewhere and have absolutely no clue where you are, she pretty much leaves you for dead.
Thanks for telling me fifteen times when I’m supposed to turn onto my own street, but maybe when I’m lost in downtown LA you could at least give me a hint as to where I’m supposed to go, mmkay? That’d be great.
However, if this No Bake Oreo Chocolate Cream Pie was the reward for finding your way after getting lost, I’d get lost every chance I got.
So this decadent chocolate monstrosity of a pie was made for my brother-in-law after he requested “something” Oreo for his birthday.
Well, I find that in pie you can pile the Oreos hiiiiiiiiigh and deeeeeep. There’s only so many Oreos you can pack in a cake, but in a pie, you can put it in the crust, on top of the ganache, in the filling, and on top.
Oreo in every.single.bite.
When creating this homemade oreo pie recipe, there were a few things I knew I wanted to do specifically.
For one, I knew I wanted to make a chocolate cream pie filling. Because chocolate + oreos = drool worthy.
Also, I don’t know about you, but when I was a kid, Oreo dirt cups (chocolate pudding with crushed oreos and gummy worms) were THE thing. They were all the rage and it wasn’t a birthday party without those heavenly little cups of joy.
Anytime I have Oreos and chocolate, I can’t help but feel a little bit nostalgic. I wanted to incorporate that somewhere into this pie.
All right, because I’m insane and ganache is everything, I really wanted to add a ganache somewhere into this pie (because it wasn’t rich enough already…).
At first, I wasn’t positive if I wanted the ganache to be on top of the pie (but then what about whipped cream??), or maybe ganache and then whipped cream on top of that, or maybe it should be in the bottom of the pie??
In the end, I decided the ganache should go on top of the crust so it would add a nice surprise to the homemade chocolate pie filling.
Lastly, I knew this had to be a no bake oreo pie. I wanted this whole pie to be creamy, dreamy, and 100% perfect.
And, if I do say so myself, this No Bake Oreo Chocolate Cream Pie was pretty much everything I hoped for and more.
No Bake Oreo Chocolate Cream Pie Tips & Tricks
- This no bake chocolate pie filling begins with instant pudding mix. I went with a dark chocolate instant pudding mix, but any chocolate pudding would be fine.
- The chocolate pudding is mixed with cream cheese and homemade whipped cream, making it extra light and fluffy.
- Homemade chocolate ganache is only 2-ingredients: heavy cream and semi-sweet chocolate chips (milk or dark would work as well).
- Because this pie uses so many Oreos, I would definitely suggest buying the family size package (or two regular sized packages).
I’ll take this whole No Bake Oreo Pie, please and thank you.
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 24 Oreos, finely ground into crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3.9oz box instant chocolate pudding (I used dark chocolate)
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- pinch of salt, 1/8 tsp or so
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo crumbs, crushed into smaller pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Oreo crumbs, optional
- extra Oreo crumbs, if desired
- Mix Oreo crumbs and melted butter together. Press the crust into a 9” pie plate. Set aside.
- With a standing mixer or handheld mixer, whip heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and whip until it thickens into stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Whisk the instant chocolate pudding mix and milk together until the mixture is thick.
- Mix cream cheese and chocolate pudding together (by hand or with a mixer) until smooth and creamy, then add in salt and Oreo crumbs, mixing until combined.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate filling, folding gently until combined (save the remaining half of the whipped cream for later).
- Heat heavy whipping cream until just below a boil (in a saucepan or in the microwave). Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips and allow the mixture to sit for five minutes (the heat from the cream will melt the chocolate chips). Whisk the ganache until it is smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the crust of the pie, spreading it into an even layer. Allow the ganache to set for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Oreo crumbs over the ganache (this is optional, but I wanted Oreos everywhere in this pie).
- Spread chocolate filling over the ganache (the ganache might move a bit, mixing with the filling, and that’s fine), spreading in an even layer.
- Top with remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with Oreo crumbs, if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Here are some other Oreo recipes!