Raspberry Almond Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is the sweetest breakfast treat!
This easy raspberry coffee cake recipe is swirled with raspberries and cream cheese, has a sweet crumb topping, and is sprinkled with sliced almonds! A classic coffee cake recipe jazzed up with a raspberry cheesecake filling!
I really couldn’t tell you what time of the year is prime raspberry season, but what I do know is that lately, the raspberries around here have been ah-mazing.
This is a recipe from years past that I made for my sister’s bridal shower, which was kind of the first time I realized how much I love cooking and baking. I had always loved being in the kitchen, especially during the holidays, but it wasn’t until I was planning the menu for her shower, going absolutely overboard, that I discovered my passion for the kitchen and all things delicious.
At the time, I was preparing for college and never would have guessed in a million years that years after graduating college, I would not be teaching high schoolers the art of literature, but would instead be doing something that combines my passions of photography, baking, and writing.
It has been quite a journey, but the road behind has been as amazing as I anticipate the road ahead.
So, I felt it was only fitting to add one of my absolute favorite recipes–a recipe that helped lead me to this point of my life–to the blog.
I hope you love it as much as I do. Between the cream cheese layer, which pretty much tastes like cheesecake, the sweet raspberries, and the buttery cake, how could you not be as in love with this as me?! (I know, I love food more than most, so I won’t hold it against you if you don’t share the extent of my enthusiasm 😉)
Breakfast. Brunch. Dessert. Midnight Snack.
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg large
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg large
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter cold
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- In a food processor or blender, blend raspberries and sugar until smooth. Set aside (if you do not like seeds, strain the puree through a mesh sieve; if seeds are fine, you can skip this step).
- Beat cream cheese with sugar until combined. Add in egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Add in sour cream, and fold gently into the batter, stirring until just combined.
- Mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon together. Cut in the butter and mix until the topping looks like coarse crumbs.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading the batter all the way to the edges. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the batter. Top with raspberry puree, spreading over the cream cheese (Or, using a knife or toothpick, swirl the puree with the cream cheese, if desired).
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!
Here are some of my other favorite coffee cake recipes: