This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make A Latte Food possible! #CarnationSweepstakes #BetterBreakfast #CollectiveBias
This easy breakfast recipe uses raspberries, strawberries, almond milk, Greek yogurt, and Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder to make the prettiest, tastiest smoothie bowl!
If I wasn’t already such a breakfast person, this pretty in pink smoothie bowl would totally make me a breakfast believer.
But, this little smoothie bowl is not just a pretty face. Oh no, this here smoothie bowl is packed with nutrition, including a little something extra from a secret ingredient.
I know, I know—secrets don’t make friends and all, but I’m going to leave you hanging here for a hot minute while I fill you in on two other details:
1. This bowl takes less than 5 minutes to make.
2. It has less than 300 calories.
Breakfast has never been sweeter.
Oh, and that little secret ingredient? Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder.
Back in high school during soccer season, I had my morning routine down to a science. I was so exhausted in the mornings that I managed to get everything done in 40 minutes so I could squeeze in an extra 20 to 25 minutes of sleep.
I’m going to be real with you here. Those 20ish minutes were the difference between looking like a normal 16 year old and looking like something straight out of the Walking Dead.
In order to spare myself and others, I could get myself ready, get everything together for school and soccer, pack a lunch, and enjoy breakfast in 40ish minutes. Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder and Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Ready-to-Drink Bottles were my saving grace during the season because they were super tasty and so easy to take on-the-go if I was running behind (which was pretty much all the time).
In college, I had a similar breakfast routine. Between work and classes, my mornings were typically packed (although I managed to get three day weekends 6 out of the 8 semesters—gah, I miss those days).
Now-a-days, my mornings are more relaxed, which is a huge blessing. It is my time to fully wake up, plan for the day ahead, and enjoy the quiet stillness of the morning. Even though it is a more relaxed routine, I still enjoy being able to put together a delicious breakfast in just a few minutes. Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder makes it easy to put together a fun breakfast (like this smoothie bowl!) that tastes amazing and takes only minutes to make.
Let’s get this breakfast party started.
- 2/3 cup Almond Milk
- 1 cup red raspberries fresh or frozen (if you use frozen, the consistency will be thicker)
- 2/3 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 3 Tbsp Greek Yogurt Vanilla, Plain, Berry (if you're vegan, substituting vegan yogurt will work fine)
- 1/4 cup ice it helps thicken the base, but it is optional
- 2 Tbsp Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder French Vanilla or Strawberry
- Sliced Almonds
- Granola I used gluten-free
- Honey Maple Syrup, or Agave (for added sweetness), optional
- In a high-powered blender, pour in almond milk, raspberries, strawberries, Greek Yogurt, ice, and Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder.
- Blend on high, until mix is smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Top with raspberries, strawberries, almonds, and granola. If desired, top with honey, maple syrup, or agave.
- Serve immediately.