This easy blueberry almond muffin recipe is made with bananas, honey, and Greek yogurt instead of butter, oil, and refined sugar! These are light, fluffy, and amazingly delicious. You won’t feel guilty after eating one of these!
This is what breakfast looks like. Good breakfast.
Well, my good breakfast.
Not yours, since I’m just sharing this recipe with you now (I know, I know–thank you captain obvious), but it can look like yours tomorrow! Hint Hint. ?
And, get this! They’re skinny, like really skinny. With no butter, oil, or refined sugar, you can have your muffin and eat your cake too.
Muffin game level rockstar.
High-fives all around!
So. These muffins are so simple to make! They only take 1 bowl and about 10 minutes to make the batter.
These already-fabulous-amazing muffins just got even-more-fabulous-amazing, because they’re the kind of breakfast you can actually make in the morning even when on a time crunch.
Basically, these are my kind of muffins.
Breakfast = winning.
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt I used blueberry, but vanilla or plain would work as well
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds plus more for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 425*. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with wrappers, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed bananas with honey, maple syrup, vanilla extract and almond extract until smooth.
- Add in Greek Yogurt, stirring until combined.
- Add in the egg, stirring until combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, oats, and almonds, stirring gently until the mix is almost combined.
- Pour in the almond milk and continue to stir the mixture until just combined.
- Lastly, gently stir the blueberries into the muffins.
- Spoon batter equally into the muffin tin, about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle with slivered almonds, if desired.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 (preheating the oven at a high temperature helps the muffins to puff up bakery-style), and bake for about 20-22 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm, cold, or at room temp!
Here are some other recipes you might love: