This zesty cornbread recipe is packed with green chiles and pepper jack cheese to spice up a classic recipe (and your life)! Plus, a video! Exciting.
Which was…confusing. Like, how is the cheesecake sassy? I mean, it’s an object; a thing. It doesn’t have a personality. It’s not like Siri where it can sass back all it wants. It can’t throw shade.
It’s weird, right?? It’s not just me?
I feel like I really strongly dislike human terms being used to describe food.
But, anyway, let’s get back on point and talk about this sass-less, zesty cornbread.
Cornbread is my underrated comfort food, meaning, it’s one of my all-time favorite comfort foods that I tend to forget about.
I’m making it my spring resolution (it’s totally a thing) to make cornbread more often. It might seem anticlimactic, but considering how big a role food plays in my life, it’s pretty significant.
And, this particular cornbread recipe–oh, ohhh, oh. It’s a zesty winner.
Homemade cornbread is actually super easy to make!
Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely a fan of the boxed stuff. Jiffy makes a good corn muffin (especially when a little honey and butter is slathered all over it), and it definitely works in a jiff.
However, if you’ve got the cornmeal and a few extra minutes to spare, this homemade cornbread recipe is totally worth it! While it might not be as simple as opening a box, it is still really simple.
A Latte Food
Yields 9-12 Squares
This zesty cornbread recipe is packed with green chiles and pepper jack cheese to spice up a classic recipe (and your life)!
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup roasted corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 4oz can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x9 or 8x8 pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center of the ingredients and pour in the buttermilk. Stir.
- Add in eggs, and stir until combined.
- Add in honey, roasted corn, diced green chiles, pepper jack cheese, and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, evenly spreading the batter to the edges of the pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Serve with butter, honey, or eat it plain!
Here are some other recipes you might like!