This easy cranberry almond bundt cake is made with fresh cranberries and topped with a white chocolate glaze! The sweet almond flavor pairs perfectly with the tart cranberry flavor. A fantastic Christmas dessert!
Confession time: It’s been in the mid-60’s here and I’m not sure how I’m going to survive winter.
You think I’m joking…
Truthfully, I do love the ‘cold’ California weather (guys, when the majority of the year is spent in the 80’s and 90’s, 60 feels cold). I pull out my boots and sweatshirts and prepare for winter like Randy in A Christmas Story.
As you can see, living in snow is completely out of the question for me. I have a weird thing about wet jeans anyway, so, realistically, for me, California’s a good fit.
Want to know what else is a good fit? This cranberry almond cake. It’s not just a fit for me. Oh no, this cranberry cake is a fit for everyone who has a soul–a Christmas soul, if you will. 😉
Cranberry Almond Bundt Cake. Those four words spark Christmas joy in the hearts of many.
Are you a Christmas cranberry fan? If you are, I’m virtually high-fiving you and awkwardly winking at you for your fantastic life choices. If cranberries aren’t your thing, I’m confident this cake will change your mind (don’t let the awkward winking thing keep you from trying this cake 😉).
Bundt cakes are incredibly easy to make. There are quite a few here on the blog, because they look elegant and classy without requiring too much work. You’re welcome.
This cake is filled with the usual suspects of butter, sugar, and eggs, but one standout ingredient is Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour. Bob’s Red Mill is a pantry staple. The flour is freshly milled from organic hard red wheat, and it is not enriched with any additives. It makes baked goods light and fluffy, and is an extremely versatile baking ingredient.
You have got to try Bob’s Red Mill products if you have not already! Before you get baking, grab the Bob’s Red Mill coupon here.
Hello, gorgeous. I need you in my life, stat.
Make this before cranberry season is over!
Yields 18-20 Slices
20 minPrep Time
70 minCook Time
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream (light is fine)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 5 eggs, large
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 Tbsp orange juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- 3 1/4 cups Bob's Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries (plus 2 Tbsp Bob's Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour)
- 5 oz white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- cranberries (sugared would work great as well)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in sour cream, and beat until well combined.
- Add in granulated sugar and orange zest, beating until well combined.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla extract, almond extract, and orange juice. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together Bob's Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- In a small bowl, mix cranberries and 2 Tbsp Bob's Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour together (this helps prevent the cranberries from sinking to the bottom). Add the cranberries to the batter, and mix.
- Grease a bundt cake pan well (I used baking spray) and pour the batter evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean (at the 50 minute mark, I covered the cake with loosely with foil to prevent too much browning on top of the cake).
- Allow the cake to cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan. Allow to cool completely before adding the glaze.
- Heat heavy cream and almond extract over med-low heat until it begins to simmer (stirring constantly so the cream does not scald).
- Take off the heat and pour over the white chocolate. Allow to stand about 1 minute, then stir the mixture until the white chocolate melts completely and the glaze is smooth.
- Allow to sit 5-10 minutes so the glaze can thicken.
- Pour the glaze over the cake. Top with sliced almonds and cranberries, if desired.
Adapted from Paula Deen's Holiday Baking 2016 Issue
Some other recipes using Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour 🙂 :
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.