This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
Thank you for supporting the brands that make A Latte Food possible! These baked maple donuts are topped with smoky bacon to make the best breakfast or brunch recipe! Wright® Brand Bacon is Bacon The Wright Way™ and makes these maple bacon donuts extra amazing!
I’m a little late to the whole maple bacon party.
It’s one of those flavor combos that’s been a thing for a while, but I just didn’t know if I could get behind it, ya know?
I’ve always been that person who needs to create a barrier between their pancake syrup and bacon and sausage come breakfast time, so I pretty much just assumed the whole maple and bacon dessert craze was one train I was going to let leave me in the dust.
Well, now I’m pretty much questioning everything, because I am obsessed with the maple and bacon combination on these donuts. Obsessed. These are straight up delish.
These donuts are sweet, have a fantastic cake-like texture, and are dipped in the most phenomenal maple glaze.
But, what really sets these donuts apart is the bacon sprinkled on top. I used Wright Brand Bacon, which is a thick-sliced, premium bacon. What I truly love about Wright Brand Bacon is the company culture, and how each cut of bacon is hand-selected and hand-trimmed, ensuring you get the best quality bacon. It’s all about real, quality ingredients.
Wright Brand Bacon is naturally smoked and has 5 flavor options:
-Hickory Smoked (the flavor I used for these maple donuts)
-Applewood Smoked (absolutely ah-mazing!!)
-Smoked Brown Sugar Bacon
-Bourbon Barrel Smoked
-Oak Barrel Smoked
I found Wright Brand Bacon at my local Kroger, and this is a bacon that will not disappoint! I’m telling you, this is a hit!
Vote for your favorite bacon flavor here: www.votewrightbrandbacon.com
Share your favorite recipe with bacon as the main ingredient and hashtag it #VoteWrightBrandBacon @WrightBacon
Yields 6-7 Donuts
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Wright Brand Bacon (I used Hickory Smoked, but any of their other flavors would be amazing!), cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a 6-count donut pan liberally with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt together.
- In a second bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, sour cream, and vanilla extract together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add in the wet ingredients. Gently mix the batter until combined.
- Add in melted butter and apples and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan, evenly distributing the batter between the 6 donut cavities (you may have enough batter to make 7-8 donuts).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the donuts are lightly golden and 'spring' back when touched.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon over low heat. Once melted together, pull off the heat. Sift in powdered sugar, and whisk until fully combined. Allow to cool for 8-10 minutes so the glaze can thicken.
- Dip each donut into the glaze and immediately sprinkle with chopped bacon. Allow to cool on a wire baking rack.
You can find Wright Brand Bacon in your bacon/breakfast sausage refrigerator section at your local Kroger!