Thick and Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: The classic chocolate chip cookie gets a fall makeover with the addition of pumpkin. It’s like pumpkin pie in cookie form!
I’m shocked, elated, and incredibly thankful.
So, in celebration, I decided it was a high time I whipped up a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Think pumpkin pie meets classic chocolate chip cookies and makes an out-of-this-world experience.
I’m telling you, this is a cookie you’ll be craving all season long.
All. Season. Long.
Pumpkin and chocolate, just like chocolate and peanut butter, makes the world go round.
I have a confession.
I used to not be a fan of the whole pumpkin/chocolate combo.
I know, I know–I just sang their praises and said it makes the world complete.
The last time I had pumpkin and chocolate I was young and naive and had no idea what I was in fact missing. Now that I’m older and wiser, I know the pure joy that comes from pumpkin and chocolate.
And there’s nothing more joyous than these cookies.
So, how do these circles of wonder begin? Well, they begin with my favorite tried and true chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have made this recipe over 100 times and 100 times more in different variations.
I am a cookie fanatic and these pumpkin ones are a perfect variation!
Back in college, I had a few roommates who were as obsessed with fall as I am, and they were very appreciative of my fall baking habits. These cookies made an appearance quite a few times. More times than they probably should have…
Don’t worry, I used my gym membership as frequently as I baked (not really, but I totally made it at least 2 times a week).
You can follow me by signing up for email updates at the top of the page underneath my “meet me” section and picture! Or, you can stay in touch by following me on facebook, pinterest, instagram, and twitter!
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 5 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy, about a minute.
- Next, add in sugars and cream until combined.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, cloves, and espresso powder.
- Mix with wet ingredients.
- Once combined, add in chips. Stir.
- Allow the dough to chill for at least 30 minutes in the fridge (or freeze cookie sheet of made dough balls for 5 minutes before baking).
- Roll dough into symmetrical balls, about 1 1/2 Tbsp to 2 Tbsp in size. Place evenly on a cookie sheet, and press down on the tops of the dough balls slightly. This will help them to spread in the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. I prefer these cookies to come out when they are just turning golden brown. Though they may appear slightly underdone, as the cookies cool on the cookie sheet, they bake/cool to the perfect consistency!