This post is sponsored by Eggland’s Best. Thank you for supporting brands that enable me to bring you great, new recipes! As always, all opinions are my own.
This Bagel and Cream Cheese Strawberry French Toast Casserole is an easy brunch recipe! Eggland’s Best eggs, milk, heavy cream, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla extract are poured over a mixture of bagels, cream cheese, and strawberries, making a quick-and-easy brunch that can be made ahead of time! Plus, info on how to receive an exclusive Better Brunch from the EB Better Egg Food Truck!
There used to be this amazing bagel shop just down the street from where I used to live.
They were a family-owned business, and they made their bagels from scratch each morning. Eventually they sold the business, and despite the new owner’s attempts at keeping the business alive, it struggled to keep the doors opened.
The shop eventually closed, and still to this day, I reminisce about the amazing bagels this shop made. What I would do for one of their Tomato and Basil bagels with cream cheese…
While this pretty ‘lil bagel french toast casserole is not a tomato basil bagel, it is filled with cream cheese, fresh strawberries, and a whole lot of amazing flavor!
All right, so I’m a big fan of french toast casseroles. There’s something about the sweet bread that’s been soaked in custard that I truly cannot get enough of. Throw in some strawberries and cream cheese, and I’m downright giddy for brunch.
Often french toast casseroles use brioche bread or some sort of thick bread, but today, we’re using bagels. Their thickness and texture absorb the egg mixture extremely well, creating a nice custard-y texture once baked in the oven.
The main component of any french toast casserole is the egg mixture the bread is soaked with overnight.
For this recipe, I used 6 Eggland’s Best eggs. What I love about Eggland’s Best eggs is that they have 6x the amount of vitamin D and 10x the amount of vitamin E that other ordinary eggs contain. Additionally, they have more than double the Omega-3s, are a great source of vitamin B12, B5, and Riboflavin. Plus, they have 25% less saturated fat than ordinary eggs.
Also, let’s talk Brunch and Eggland’s Best Better Brunch opportunity! You can find all of the details here: http://www.egglandsbest.com/foodtruck
For all Eggland’s Best fans, from now until December 22, you can enter your city (using the link above) for a chance to win a visit from the EB Better Egg Truck.
You can enter once per day, as well as share on Twitter or Facebook for an additional bonus entry. One lucky person will be selected at random from the winning city to enjoy a private Better Brunch from the EB Better Egg Food Truck for them and their friends!
Ready to brunch?
Yields 9-12 Servings
This Bagel and Cream Cheese Strawberry French Toast Casserole is an easy brunch recipe! Eggland's Best eggs, milk, heavy cream, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla extract are poured over a mixture of bagels, cream cheese, and strawberries, making a quick-and-easy brunch that can be made ahead of time!
4 hr, 20 Prep Time
45 minCook Time
5 hr, 5 Total Time
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced (you can substitute frozen strawberries as well)
- maple syrup (for topping, if desired)
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick foil, or coat in baking spray.
- Tear 3 plain bagels into bite-sized pieces, and place on the bottom of the baking dish in an even layer.
- Sprinkle half of the cream cheese cubes and half of the sliced strawberries on top of the bagel pieces.
- Tear the remaining 3 plain bagels into bite-sized pieces and place on top of the cream cheese/strawberries. Sprinkle the remaining cream cheese cubes and strawberries on top of the bagels.
- In a blender, blend Eggland's Best eggs, heavy cream, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract until well incorporated. Pour egg mixture over the casserole.
- Cover the casserole with foil, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes, uncovered. Tent a piece of foil on top for the remaining 15 minutes (about 45 minutes altogether).
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting into the casserole. Top with syrup, if desire.