This homemade Carrot Cake Banana Bread is sure to be a family favorite!
Carrot cake meets banana bread in this easy quick bread recipe! Moist, flavorful, and topped with rich homemade cream cheese frosting, this carrot cake banana bread is the ultimate dessert bread! A perfect Easter dessert!
I’m pretty sure you could put cream cheese frosting on a piece of cardboard, and I’d declare it ‘the best thing ever!’ Any cake or bread that comes with cream cheese frosting, like carrot spice cake or hummingbird bread (or this carrot cake banana bread), is pretty much an automatic winner my book.
Clearly, I have a real thing for cream cheese. While the cream cheese frosting most definitely enhances the flavor of this banana bread, this bread is totally amazing on its own! I know, after going on and on about my love of cream cheese and the frosting, you would think this post was for a cream cheese frosting recipe, when in fact, it’s actually for a carrot cake banana bread recipe.
I feel like I kind of mislead you there (unintentionally, of course). I’ll break it down: this carrot cake banana bread and the cream cheese frosting are equally amazing and both necessary in your life.
I feel like carrot cake is one of those things people either love or hate. Where do you fall on the spectrum?
I’m a big fan of carrot cake, which coincidentally works out for me, because every time I go to a cupcake shop, there is an abundance of carrot cake cupcakes!
So, I guess that means not many love the carrot cake…which might spell disaster for this recipe. Oops. #moreforme
However, if you are a carrot cake fan (and a banana bread fan), you must try this recipe! It’s two of my favorite things in the entire world melding together and making something fantastic. And then with the frosting?
Guys, you can practically hear angels sing when eating this.
Carrot Cake Banana Bread Tips & Tricks:
– I like to mash the bananas with a fork, because I can control just how “mashed” the bananas get. Since I like my banana bread with some bigger pieces of bananas, I leave some lumps when mashing the bananas. If you prefer a smoother banana bread, feel free to either puree the bananas or mash them really well with a fork.
– Baking quick breads can be a little tricky, because often times the outside of the bread is done quicker than the center. Plus, oven temperatures can differ dramatically, so the bake time can differ dramatically. If you find the outside of your bread is getting done quicker than the inside, tent the bread pan with foil. This will prevent the outside of the bread from browning too much.
Here’s to breaking all the resolutions! I don’t hate it. 😉
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas, about 3-4 medium bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tso ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground all spice
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8x4 pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat until mixed.
- To the wet ingredients, sift in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, ginger and salt.
- Stir until just combined. Add in shredded carrots. Mix until combined.
- Pour in mashed bananas, and mix until combined.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until combined.
- Add in vanilla extract, cinnamon, and powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
- Spread frosting over cooled breads, and sprinkle with chopped pecans and carrots, if desired.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
Here are some other recipes I love: