This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SandwichWithTheBest #CollectiveBias
This Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich is hearty, delicious, and only 6-ingredients! This easy sandwich recipe is made with wholesome ingredients, and is a fun twist on a classic dish!
Today, I bring you the sandwich of your dreams. Wait for it…
Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches.
Made with only 6-ingredients.
Okay, okay—I know that was cheesy (much like this oh-so-amazing sandwich), but really, truly, this sandwich recipe is so fun and flavorful! It definitely raises the bar on lunch and dinner without adding any extra effort on your part. In fact, I’m pretty sure this recipe is easier than some typical lunch and dinner recipes. Guys, I got your back.
Let’s talk about the ingredients of this sandwich:
- Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Hearty White Bread
- Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunch meat
- Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise (or, if you live on the West Coast like me, Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise)
- Swiss Cheese
- Breaded Chicken
Breaking down each ingredient, let’s begin with Pepperidge Farm®. I love Pepperidge Farm ingredients, and absolutely love their Farmhouse™ Hearty White bread. All of their breads, (including Farmhouse™ Hearty White and Farmhouse™ Oatmeal) have this amazing slow baked, fresh-from-the-oven flavor, and are incredibly hearty and tasty. Each product is crafted from a small batch recipe, while also utilizing wholesome ingredients. Plus, did you know that each package is double-wrapped?? It makes each loaf incredibly fresh!
The second ingredient in this recipe is Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunch meat, which has this sweet flavor to it (from being slow roasted for hours!) that complements the sandwich perfectly. Additionally, it has no artificial flavors or by-products, and each package is double sealed, making Hillshire® Ham as fresh as possible!
Thirdly, Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise (also known as Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise over on the West Coast), is a fantastic spread on this sandwich. It’s made with real ingredients—oil, vinegar, and cage-free eggs. I chose to toast the bread, but if you wanted to grill this sandwich, I would definitely suggest using Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise in place of butter. Not only does it spread easier, it makes a perfectly crispy sandwich! Plus, that squeeze bottle though. So easy and precise every time!
The last ingredients I used are breaded chicken, swiss cheese, and kale (which adds a mild peppery flavor to the sandwich). This is kind of like a deconstructed Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe, as the ingredients are outside of the chicken breast. However, you get all the great flavor without any of the hassle! Plus, it’s in sandwich form. It could not get any better.
Are you ready to #SandwichWithTheBest??
- 4 slices Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Hearty White Bread
- 4 slices Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunch meat 9 oz Resealable Tub
- 2 Tbsp Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise 20oz. squeeze (Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise)
- 2 breaded chicken breasts, frozen
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup kale
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and bake your breaded chicken breasts for 20-22 minutes (or as directed on the package).
- Take the cooked chicken out of the oven, and place 1 slice of Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham on each breaded chicken breast. Top the the ham with swiss cheese (2 slices on each). Place the remaining slices of ham on top of the cheese. Place back in the oven and cook 1-2 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Toast Farmhouse™ Hearty White bread until golden brown.
- Squeeze 1 Tbsp each of Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise on 2 slices of bread.
- Place breaded chicken on each slice of bread, top with kale, and top with remaining slices of bread.
You can find these products at your local Walmart in the bread aisle, condiment aisle, and deli aisle!