This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of RawSpiceBar. All opinions are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make A Latte Food possible!
These Oven Baked Ranch Chicken Tenders are baked in the oven instead of fried. These chicken tenders are marinated with ranch dressing, giving this homemade chicken tender recipe incredible flavor! They’re a total crowd pleaser.
Chicken tenders were my meal of choice back in the day. Dipped in barbecue sauce, honey mustard, or the glorious ranch dressing (somewhere my dad is gagging), they were the perfect meal.
Plus, they always came with fries, and I’m a French fry junkie (cue these ‘lil babies: Black Pepper Parmesan Potato Wedges).
I’m totally using past tense in the latter paragraph as if my tastes have matured and expanded even though I still order the chicken tender basket practically every time I’m at a restaurant. I mean, sure, my tastes certainly are more cultured than they once were. I like feta cheese, fruit in my salad, and the occasional apple on my grilled cheese. But, when push comes to shove, if I had to choose, I’d probably pick all the classic, All-American, kid-friendly fare.
So, if you’re like me and have the tastes of a child (or actually have a child), this is the recipe. I’m telling you, these Ranch Chicken Tenders are absolutely incredible.
Making this chicken could not be any easier.
While many breaded chicken recipes call for coating in a flour/egg/breadcrumb or some combination of similar ingredients, this recipe uses Bisquick, which is what gives this chicken its crunchy coating, aka the “fried” quality.
The chicken is marinated in ranch dressing, dredged in a combination of Bisquick, paprika, salt, and pepper, and baked with olive oil.
The chicken is crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Basically, it’s perfect.
The paprika in this recipe gives the chicken tenders an added burst of flavor, yielding a slight peppery flavor to the chicken. RawSpiceBar’s smoked paprika (or sweet paprika) adds a smoky depth to these chicken tenders.
Or, if you are a bit of a flavor master (or just love adding your own twist to recipes), maybe mix it up a bit and try some of RawSpiceBar’s freshly ground & toasted spices & blends?? The mixing and matching possibilities are endless! You can check out their whole spice collection here!
Oven Baked Ranch Chicken Tenders Tips & Tricks:
- I like to use large ziplock bags for this recipe, because it makes the clean-up portion of this meal a breeze (you’ll see what I mean down in the recipe instructions). However, you could use a shallow baking dish instead to coat the chicken in the breading mixture.
- The crispy skin on the chicken comes from the high oven temperature and the olive oil, so it is really important you let the oven preheat to 475 degrees before you put the chicken in the oven.
- When it comes time to flip the chicken over, you do want to do this as carefully and gently as possible. The coating on the chicken can slip off easily (especially since only one side has crisped up at this point).
I could eat these every single day.
Yields About 3-4 people
These Oven Baked Ranch Chicken Tenders are baked in the oven instead of fried. These chicken tenders are marinated with ranch dressing, giving this homemade chicken tender recipe incredible flavor! They're a total crowd pleaser.
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 12 chicken tenders
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup Bisquick (or some other complete baking mix)
- 1/2 tsp RawSpiceBar’s Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- In a large zippered bag, pour in ranch dressing and milk. Add in all 12 chicken tenders, zip up the bag (squeezing out all excess air), and shake or massage the bag until all tenders are coated with ranch dressing. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees and line a large baking dish with foil (9x13 or 9x11 dish). Drizzle 2 Tbsp of oil over the bottom of the pan.
- In a large zippered bag, add Bisquick, RawSpiceBar paprika, salt, and black pepper. Add marinated chicken tenders into the bag, zip up, and shake until all tenders are coated.
- Place chicken flat in the baking dish, making sure none of the tenders are touching each other. Drizzle 2 Tbsp of oil over the tops of the chicken.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (or until the underside of the chicken is golden brown), then carefully flip the chicken over, and bake for another 9-10 minutes.
- Serve with extra ranch, barbecue sauce, or any other sauce if desired.
If you like this savory recipe, I think you’ll like these too: