This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make A Latte Food possible!
These Egg and Bacon Breakfast Tacos are full of hickory smoked bacon (Jimmy Dean® Bacon), fluffy scrambled eggs, salsa, cilantro, and avocado. Served on corn tortillas or flour tortillas, this breakfast taco recipe is sure to be an easy breakfast staple. This hearty breakfast recipe is perfect for Father’s Day, but easy enough to whip up any day of the week!
My dad and I share a lot of qualities.
We both are listeners rather than talkers.
We both would pick The Stones over The Beatles.
We love our coffee strong and in endless supply (although I drink mine slightly creamier than his fully-leaded, straight-black preference).
We appreciate the art of a good pun (although my dad, hands down, is still the master at making them).
And, we love tacos.
Of course, we share a lot more qualities than those (in fact, we are very similar in personality), but I figured I’d keep the list short and sweet. You know, keep the mystery alive and all that.
(Plus, that means we get to talk about these Egg and Bacon Breakfast Tacos!!)
So, considering how much he loves tacos (and breakfast, for that matter—something else we both have in common), I figured an Egg and Bacon Breakfast Tacos recipe was just the thing for a Father’s Day recipe.
Between the salsa, pepper jack cheese, eggs and extra bacon, these easy breakfast tacos are fit for a king (otherwise known as dad).
All right, so let’s talk about what makes these breakfast tacos extra special.
I think you already know what that might be, but in case we’re not on the same page, it’s definitely the BACON. (The caps were totally necessary there, right?? I meant, it’s bacon.)
Of course, this isn’t just any bacon—it’s Jimmy Dean Bacon. Jimmy Dean Hickory Smoked Bacon, that is.
It’s thicker cut bacon that’s got a rich smoky flavor, enhancing the overall flavor of these breakfast tacos. It’s full of the taste, flavor, and quality the Jimmy Dean brand is known for.
How to Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs:
All right, so first things first, let’s talk about how to make fluffy scrambled eggs (aka, perfect scrambled eggs). For me, there are three things that make the best scrambled eggs ever:
- Add in a liquid (milk or half & half or heavy cream). Personally, I happen to like making scrambled eggs with milk, because I prefer the texture and flavor. However, scrambled eggs with heavy cream or scrambled eggs with half & half will yield the same fluffy and perfect scrambled eggs! Or, if you’re Alton Brown, you claim scrambled eggs with water is the best method… (I’m still going with milk, guys.)
- The next step in making the best scrambled eggs recipe, is to pour the eggs into a cold pan (do not preheat your non-stick skillet) and cook them over med-low heat.
- Lastly, stir them frequently, but gently. I like to stir the eggs clockwise until they begin to thicken, then I like to gently ‘pull’ the eggs across the pan with a spatula. One quick note here, eggs do cook fast. I like to turn the heat off when the scrambled eggs are almost done to my liking, because I know they will continue to cook even when the heat is off. By the time I grab my plate, they’re perfect and ready to go!
How to Make this Egg & Bacon Breakfast Tacos Recipe:
This recipe for breakfast tacos is surprisingly easy!
First things first, prep. Before I get the eggs or bacon going, I like to have my avocado cut, cilantro ready, and salsa out.
Once that’s done, usually, I get the bacon cooking. I like a nice crispy bacon, and from experience, I know it takes a little longer to cook than everything else.
(Egg and Bacon Breakfast Tacos Tips & Tricks cont.)
While the bacon is cooking, I prepare my eggs (crack the eggs in a bowl, whisk them with some milk, and pour them into the skillet). I also happen to love my scrambled eggs with cheese, so for these tacos, I opted for some spicy pepper jack cheese.
Once the bacon is almost ready and the scrambled eggs are just about done, I heat up my tortillas (corn or flour) on the stove (I just heat them on the griddle until they’re warm, but you could heat them in oil or directly over the flame—whatever you prefer).
Then, it’s time to assemble! A little scrambled egg, some salsa, avocado, and a thick slice of bacon with a sprinkling of cilantro, and it’s good to go.
A Father’s Day breakfast of champs.
- 8 tortillas (corn or flour)
- 6 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. milk, heavy cream, half and half, or water is fine
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheese, depending upon how cheesy you like your eggs (I used pepper jack)
- 8 slices Jimmy Dean Bacon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Over medium heat, cook bacon in a large skillet, cooking to your desired crispness.
- Whisk eggs and milk together, until combined, and pour eggs into a skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring gently until eggs begin to thicken.
- Add in cheese (1/4 cup or 1/2 cup, depending upon your preference).
- Continue to cook the scrambled eggs to your desired doneness (see above notes in post on cooking fluffy eggs).
- Heat tortillas until warm.
- Divide eggs evenly over warm tortillas, add a slice of bacon to each, and top with salsa, cilantro, and avocado.
- Season your tacos to taste.
- Enjoy immediately.