This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
These homemade Pumpkin Butter Chicken Tacos are made in the slow cooker and topped with an apple slaw. The rich corn tortilla flavor pairs perfectly with the subtly sweet pumpkin butter chicken. It’s a unique yet incredibly easy dinner recipe full of seasonal flavors!
If you had one meal—only one—that you considered your desert island meal, what would it be?
(Desert island meal meaning if you were stuck on a desert island, what is the one meal you would want to eat all day every day?)
You know, the kind of meal that’s comforting, packed with flavor, and so incredibly delicious you would never tire of it.
Granted, for me, the above principle applies to a great many meals (when it comes to food and choosing favorites, I’m entirely indecisive). Narrowing it down to only one meal is complicated and difficult and let’s hope it never comes to that.
However, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that tacos would definitely make the short list.
And these Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter Chicken Tacos? They practically are the list.
Mission® Super Soft Corn Tortillas are our family’s favorite tortilla. They’re so incredibly soft, have a great texture, which I’m sure comes from Mission®’s Maseca corn flour (the highest quality corn flour available), and Mission® Super Soft Corn Tortillas warm up perfectly (and easily!).
I’ve always been a corn taco fan, as I love how the rich flavor of the corn pairs so well with pretty much any taco filling. However, if possible, I’ve started to love Mission® Super Soft Corn Tortillas even more so as they are gluten-free, which offers my gluten-free family members a dinner they can rest assured, is free from gluten.
During the holidays, my family is together fairly often. With so many family members together at once, and many with their own dietary needs, dinner can become a hectic event. We love this recipe because it feeds a crowd, meets the dietary needs of my family (without any extra work), and is full of seasonal flavors.
Oh, and another thing.
These easy Pumpkin Butter Chicken Tacos use the slow cooker, which is easily one of the best kitchen tools known to man.
The slow cooker does the bulk of the work, which means I have way more free time to hang out with my family (and close friends) instead of being stuck in the kitchen and missing out on all the conversations and chaos.
Once the chicken is cooked, it’s shredded with a couple of forks, an apple slaw is whipped up, and the whole thing sits inside of perfectly-sized warmed Mission® Super Soft Corn Tortillas.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter Chicken Tacos Tips & Tricks:
- There are only a few ingredients in this slow cooker Pumpkin Butter Chicken: chicken breasts, salt & pepper, olive oil, and pumpkin butter.
- The easy apple coleslaw pairs perfectly with the pumpkin butter, and it adds a nice fresh crunch to each taco. However, you can omit the slaw if you would prefer.
- While I used Mission® Super Soft Corn Tortillas (as they’re gluten-free and so soft!), you can also use Mission® Super Soft Flour Tortillas. Both options are so versatile, super soft, and the perfect size!
- You can find these tortillas in the bread or tortilla aisle. They’re available nationwide! You can find a store locator here.
Between the ease and taste of this meal, these Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter Chicken Tacos make the perfect easy holiday meal. Good food mixed with great friends and family? Count me in.
- 8-12 Mission® Super Soft Corn Tortillas
- 3 chicken breasts, large
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz pumpkin butter (store bought or homemade)
- 2 apples, thinly sliced (I used Gala)
- 1 10 oz bag of coleslaw mix
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayo (I like a lightly dressed slaw; feel free to add more mayo if you’d like)
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
Place chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Spoon pumpkin butter over the chicken. Cover and cook for 4-5 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high (my slow cooker cooks quickly; if yours is not as hot, it might take longer).
Once the chicken is cooked, use two forks to shred the chicken.
Toss apples, coleslaw mix, honey, apple cider vinegar, mayo, and celery seeds together. Salt and pepper to taste.
Warm Mission® Super Soft Corn Tortillas according to the directions on the back of the package. Fill each with pumpkin butter chicken and apple slaw.
Serve and enjoy!