These No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are an easy dessert recipe that takes only 6-ingredients to make!
These chocolate cheesecake strawberries are pretty, sweet, and a perfect Valentine’s Day dessert (and even a spring or summer dessert!). Plus, a video below!
There’s nothing like watching The Olympics to make you question what you’ve been doing with your life.
Like, “Oh, you’ve spent the last 4 years training to win an Olympic Gold Medal? That’s cool. I just ran a mile, so we’re basically at the same level.”
Back in the day, when Michelle Kwan was in her ice skating prime, I was pretty certain that since we shared the same name, it was a sign that I was supposed to be an Olympic ice skater as well.
I already had the roller skates, so you know, step 1 was accomplished. Never mind the fact I’d never been ice skating before, I was a straight natural on those roller skates.
Plus, I could see the TV from the kitchen (the biggest place we had hard flooring in our house), so I could practice my skating while simultaneously watching the ice skating competitions. I was basically a multi-tasking professional.
The head of the Olympic team was sure to call any minute.
(Umm, can I just say how insanely cool my parents were for letting me roller skate circles around our kitchen??? Right? God bless ‘em.)
The truth of the matter is that I lack the motivation and willpower I imagine Olympians must possess.
Also, I’d totally crack under the pressure. I’m a crazy perfectionist and there is no way I’d be able to handle the stress that goes into training and the performing, even if I really wanted people to throw teddy bears at me after my performances (it doesn’t get better when you’re seven).
And, I mean, I eat dessert like it’s going out of style.
Sticking to a regimented diet to keep my body at its optimal performance?
However, these No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are slightly healthier than my usual desserts!
I don’t think any Olympians will be fitting these into their diet anytime soon, but, in comparison to some of the desserts I’ve shared (I’m looking at you Cookies and Cream Oreo Cake), this is not too shabby in the “lighter desserts” department.
I have a few other considerably lighter desserts, like these No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars and this Key Lime Frozen Yogurt Pie, and while these chocolate cheesecake strawberries use full fat cream cheese and heavy whipping cream, the amount on each strawberry is so minuscule, I’m classifying this as “lighter.”
Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Tips & Tricks:
-I chose to simply slice the strawberries in half and pipe the cheesecake filling on top (because I’m lazy), but you could cut some of the insides out to “stuff” the strawberry.
-I would suggest chilling the cheesecake for about an hour, just to firm it up. It’s easier to pipe on the berries when it’s firmer, however, you could serve it as is.
-You can make the No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries ahead of time, but I would suggest not making them too far ahead. If I were making these for a party or get together, I would make the cheesecake filling ahead of time, then pipe the filling onto the strawberries no more than 45 minutes ahead of time.
Let’s dig in!
- 15-20 large strawberries, sliced in half (I kept the stems on, but feel free to cut them off)
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, depending upon how sweet you want your cheesecake filling; I used 1 cup :- )
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder together.
- Once combined, add in vanilla extract. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl (with a hand mixer or standing mixer with the whisk attachment), whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form (the 1/3 cup should double in volume to about 2/3 cup).
- Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Pipe cream cheese (I used a star tip) onto each strawberry half. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles, if desired.
- Serve immediately (or within an hour or so--see tips above for more info).
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy: