This post brought to you by Sargento®. The content and opinions expressed below are of my opinion. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make A Latte Food possible!
This easy pizza recipe is made with roasted vegetables and Sargento® Sharp Cheddar cheese to make a vegetarian comfort food!
Like, really competitive.
Card games? Oh yeah, that’s when allllll the sass comes out.
It’s mildly embarrassing.
But even though I’m competitive, I don’t always handle pressure well. My mind goes blank, my mouth goes dry, my whole body gets really, really hot, and I just kind of stand there awkwardly while trying to gather my wits that are somewhere down by my ankles.
So, obviously, being on any kind of game show is completely out of the question, especially one that requires cooking on the fly and time constraints, like Chopped.
Thankfully, when participating in Sargento’s At Home Chopped Challenge, it could be done in the safety of my own kitchen.
The theme of this round was comfort food. When given the ingredients of Sargento Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Cauliflower, Crimini Mushrooms, and Leeks, pizza was definitely the first thing that sprung to mind.
I briefly considered making a cauliflower crust for the pizza–because creativity–but then I laughed because I realized I like carbs way to much for that to be a thing.
Instead, I went for store bought pizza dough (because I also was not in the mood to deal with yeast) and piled it with roasted vegetables, Sargento Sharp Cheddar, and lots of pizza sauce.
Comfort food to the max.
Sargento has over 30 varieties of shredded cheese so if sharp cheddar ain’t your thang, you can easily use any of their other natural cheese varieties.
Plus, if you love coming up with creative ways to use ingredients, check out the Food Network Chopped Challenge where you can submit a recipe for a chance to win not only $5,000 big ones, but also a trip to NYC (perhaps my favorite city in the world!!) to win $10,000 in a televised cooking challenge (where you will be way better on camera than me).
Pizza has my heart.
- 1 pound pizza dough store-bought or homemade
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cups Sargento Sharp Shredded Cheese
- 1 large tomato thinly sliced into halves
- 1/4 cup leeks cut and cleaned
- 1/2 cup crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers sliced thinly (I used red and green)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large baking dish lined with foil, mix all vegetables with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast them for 20-25 minutes, or until the veggies have cooked down and are turning golden brown.
- Roll out the pizza dough (until roughly 12 inches in size) and place on a round pizza stone or round sheet pan. Brush olive oil all over the dough. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Spread sauce over the dough (using how much sauce you prefer), cover with cheese, and top with roasted veggies. Spread sliced tomatoes over the top.
- At 400 degrees, bake the pizza for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.