These S’more Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are rich, gooey, and full of the classic campfire s’more taste! This easy S’more Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar recipe is part chocolate chip cookie and part s’more, making this such a fun summer dessert!
Isn’t it a great day to bake? The sun is out (at least here it is–here’s to hoping its out and shining by you too!), the 4th is almost here, and we’re closer to the weekend than we were yesterday!
When I was in school, I had a hate/hate relationship with Wednesdays. Wasn’t it the hardest day to go to school? You’ve mentally prepared yourself for Monday and Tuesday, and Thursday was fine because the next day was Friday, aka center day.
But Wednesdays were tough. The only thing to make it a little more bearable were the amazing chocolate chip cookies my school sold at morning recess.
Looking back, selling chocolate chip cookies to a bunch of elementary aged students at 9 in the morning probably wasn’t the healthiest idea ever. Jamie Oliver would probably not be pleased, but I for sure was not about to complain about that one.
I’m also not about to complain about whipping up a batch of these s’more cookie bars. They’re so simple to make, and absolutely the best way to get through Wednesday. Grab a glass of iced coffee or a homemade latte, and dig into these S’more Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Wednesdays never sounded so sweet.
I think my favorite part about these cookie bars is the graham cracker crust. How can you not love a buttery, graham cracker-y, crust? Then, if that’s not enough, there’s the marshmallow layer, which creates this super gooey inside to the bars.
And, of course, the classic comfort food, Chocolate Chip Cookies, completes these bars by making this the most decadent, rich dessert of all time.
Goo for days.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup large marshmallows, I used the flat, s’more kind of marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9 x 9 square pan with non-stick foil.
- Combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until fully combined. Press graham crust into the bottom of the baking dish in an even layer.
- Place marshmallows on top of the crust, in an even layer (the marshmallows will spread when baking, so leave some space in between them). Set aside.
- For the cookie layer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add in the sugars and beat until well combined. Add in the egg, vanilla, and salt. Beat.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Add to the butter mixture and mix. Add in chocolate chips.
- Press cookie dough in an even layer on top of the marshmallows.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cookie dough is set.