These S’mores Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are filled with chocolate graham crackers, milk chocolate chips, and marshmallow fluff, taking the classic s’mores recipe and kicking it up about 1000 on the chocolate scale. These easy chocolate s’mores cookie bars are sure to be a new favorite!
When you love S’mores Cookie Bars but are craving a massive amount of chocolate, you make S’mores Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!
These S’mores Bars are bursting with chocolate flavor and gooey marshmallow filling. Basically, they’re perfect.
I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I have unbelievably poor peripheral vision.
Or perhaps it’s not the periphs, but rather my inability to judge the proper distance between my body and an object.
Luckily this is not a problem with anything else, such as my ability to drive (don’t worry, guys, I’m a fabulous driver and can parallel park like a champ), and is only an issue with me sideswiping doorways and misjudging corners.
It’s not a significant problem, but it is rather embarrassing when it happens in public.
Like the time in college where I unintentionally rammed my shoulder into the doorway of a classroom (in front of a cute boy, of course).
(I’d like to say this was an isolated incident, but my shoulder and a doorway have met more times than a doctor and a hypochondriac.)
Or the time I bumped into a clothing rack display and knocked half of the contents onto the store floor.
You’d think, given the amount of times this has happened, I’d be more adept at navigating myself around things, but… apparently not.
All right…on to your regularly scheduled programming: S’mores Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
All right, so apparently it’s the year of the cookie bar.
I’ve managed to make and share three cookie bar recipes with you already and here I am sharing a fourth.
Let’s review. I’ve shared these easy cookie bar recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookie Bars
- Marshmallow Oreo Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Marshmallow Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Every single one of those recipes were near perfection (I know, I sound like I’m bragging, but, guys, YOU HAVE TO TRY THEM ALL…but really, bake them, try them, love them).
My favorite part of this S’mores Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars is the use of chocolate graham crackers. I haven’t had chocolate graham crackers in years, and I’ve forgotten just how good they are. They taste like rich chocolate and childhood afternoons.
The chocolate graham crackers replace some of the flour in the recipe, making the s’mores cookie bars extra rich and indulgent.
The rest of the chocolate flavor comes from cocoa powder and chocolate chips. These bad boys are the Richie Rich of cookie bars.
S’mores Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Tips & Tricks:
- I used a whole jar (8 oz) of marshmallow fluff (aka marshmallow creme), but you can use less if you prefer them to be less gooey (i.e., marshmallow fluff oozing out of each bar 🤣).
- Be careful not to over bake. While you want the tops of the bars to be firm, you do want the centers to be soft, almost fudge brownie like.
- Chocolate graham cracker crumbs replace some of the flour in the recipe; however, you could use regular graham crackers instead. The bars will not be as chocolatey, but they will still work.
- Lastly, I used milk chocolate chips, but you can use any chocolate chips you want.
- Oh, and one more thing, these are fantastic straight out of the fridge! They taste great at room temperature, but somehow they taste richer and fudgier after being chilled in the fridge.
Be still my chocolate loving heart. 😍
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder, 100% optional, but it enhances the chocolate flavor
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1/3 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 7oz jar marshmallow fluff*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 or 11x7 baking dish with non-stick
- foil or grease well with baking spray. (The 11x7 pan will yield thinner bars while the
- 9x9 will be thicker. The ones pictured above were made in a 9x9 pan.)
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until well
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix.
- Next, add in baking soda, salt, all purpose flour, chocolate graham cracker crumbs, and cocoa
- powder. Mix until well combined.
- Lastly, add in chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Spread half of the chocolate cookie dough evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Next, spread marshmallow fluff on top of the dough as evenly as possible.
- Press or spread the remaining cookie dough on top of the marshmallow fluff in an
- even layer (it’s fine if some of the marshmallow fluff is showing).
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the cookie bars have risen and the center is
- not jiggly when the pan is moved gently.
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing. I prefer waiting at least an hour
- before cutting into them, or even refrigerating them and then cutting into them. By
- the way, these taste fantastic cold!
- Store remaining bars in an airtight container. They are fine at room temperature,
- if it’s not too warm, for 3-4 days. Or, you can refrigerate them as well.
*If you want these slightly less gooey, you can use 4 oz of marshmallow fluff instead.
Here are some other recipes you might love: