These easy mint pretzel s’mores bites are such a fun Christmas dessert! A gooey marshmallow is sandwiched between two pretzels and a piece of mint chocolate. To make these mint s’mores bites even more decadent, they are dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peppermints! Plus, a step-by-step video below!
I have a serious question.
Can Black Friday still be called ‘Black Friday’ if it technically begins on Thursday and continues well into December?
I mean, I’m still seeing commercials for both Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Granted, they’re from furniture stores and car dealerships, who have an uncanny ability to make holiday weekends and special events last until the next special event arrives.
However, I still feel like it’s strange to refer to any sale as a ‘Black Friday’ or ‘Cyber Monday’ sale if the sale extends weeks after the day has passed.
It’s a personal problem.
(That is, unless Target decides to bring back their best Black Friday commercials ever. I’ll watch those all year long.)
Another personal problem, although on a slightly different subject, is my obsessive love for anything and everything mint.
I firmly believe that if chocolate and mint were the only two flavors left on the earth, I could survive no problem.
Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes (aka, the cupcakes that make dreams come true)? Check.
Peppermint Mocha Donuts? Absolutely check.
So, you can only imagine how much I love these easy s’mores bites.
Mint Pretzel S’mores Bites, to be exact. These easy pretzel s’mores are sweet, salty, and full of mint chocolate flavor.
Christmas is a good season for me.
I’m also a major sellout for things wrapped in cute packages.
As much as I like to think I’m not fooled by marketing ploys specifically designed to get me to buy the very thing I don’t need, I can’t resist something all dolled up for Christmas.
Cue those adorably wrapped chocolates up above that are so festive I could actually cry.
They say a sucker’s born every minute…
I mean, let’s just say it like it is: mint chocolate is mint chocolate.
It’s no different in July than it is in December, but am I more likely to buy mint chocolate everything in December if it’s all decked out in red and green wrapping?
The same goes for mini Reeses candies. I can easily resist the urge to buy them any other time of the year, but now, when they’re in the shapes of little bells??
I can’t. I can’t even.
I may not be fooled by ridiculously expensive high-ticket items during this season, but candy marketers, here’s all my money. #doublefacepalm
You’re welcome though. If it weren’t for my aforementioned problem, these mint pretzel s’mores bites wouldn’t be here.
- 20 pretzels (square or twists)
- 10 square mint chocolates, I used a combo of Dove peppermint and mint
- 5 large marshmallows, cut in half (10 halves all together)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- crushed peppermint, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 10 pretzels on the baking sheet. Place a piece of chocolate on each and top with a marshmallow half.
- Toast for 1-2 minutes in the oven, or until your marshmallow is at your desired level of toasty-ness (I toasted mine for about 1 minute, but I prefer a softer marshmallow).
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each hit in the microwave.
- Place a small dollop of melted chocolate on top of each marshmallow (about 1/4 tsp amount) and top with remaining pretzels (this chocolate acts as a glue to keep the pretzel s'more together).
- Dip half of each s'more in melted chocolate, and place on parchment paper to cool. (A little messy, but so, so worth it!)
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint, if desired.
- You can dig in right away, or allow the chocolate to set. 🙂
- These last about 2-3 days in a sealed bag or plastic container with lid (at room temp or in the fridge--these were great cold! The marshmallow is still soft and the flavor is great!).
Here are some more mint & chocolate recipes I adore!