These chocolate turtle brownie bites are a simple yet rich dessert that can be made with homemade brownie batter or boxed brownie batter! The brownies are stuffed with chocolate covered caramels (like Rolos), topped with a pecan, and drizzled with melted chocolate! Plus, a step-by-step video below.
You know that song from a while back that starts with, “I’m only happy when it rains?” (Guess what you’ll now be singing all. day. long. #mybad)
Well, if they lived in southern California this winter season, they’d be really, really happy.
It’s rained more in the past month than I’m pretty sure it rained all last year. Granted, we were in a serious drought, so even one day of heavy rain probably would’ve been more than last year. But. I’m telling ya, the stormy weather has been crazy this year.
The last time I remember it being this stormy, I was a freshman in college (and all of the rain made it so much fun to get to classes). It was so stormy one particular day that year, I actually saw a kid walking with a box on his head (no joke). Desperate times call for desperate measures, apparently.
Desperate times also call for chocolate. And chocolate turtle brownie bites are like chocolate on chocolate on chocolate. Yesssss.
A few weeks ago, I posted these White Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Bites. Ever since, I’ve been dying to make these turtle brownie bites, because if you thought a stuffed raspberry was great, then get ready for a brownie stuffed with a Rolo.
I’m pretty sure between these two stuffed brownie bite recipes, I’ve been ruined for all other regular brownies. Of course, I certainly wouldn’t be turning down a homemade fudgy brownie, but…for today, stuffed brownies are all I want.
Luckily, this chocolate turtle brownie bite recipe is so easy! So… you can have these anytime you want. Preferably with a scoop of brownie batter ice cream.
- Homemade Brownie Batter or Boxed Brownie Batter, following the directions/ingredients on the back of the box; I love Ghirardelli Brownie Mix!
- 24 Rolos
- 24 Pecans
- 8 oz chocolate, melted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin well. Set aside.
- Prepare brownie batter according to the directions on the back of the box, or according to the directions of your homemade recipe. Set aside.
- Spoon about 2 Tbsp of batter into each mini muffin cup.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until brownies are done in the center (mini brownie bites usually bake quickly).
- While the brownies are still hot, stuff a Rolo into the center of each brownie bite. Top each with a pecan (the heat from the brownies will start to soften the Rolos, and the pecans will stick to the melted chocolate of the Rolos). Allow to cool.
- While brownie bites are cooling, melt chocolate in a double broiler or in the microwave (30 second increments on 50% power, stirring after each hit).
- With a piping bag, drizzle melted chocolate over each brownie bite.
Here are some other brownie recipes I think you’ll love: