This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make A Latte Food possible! #YesYouCan #CollectiveBias
This simple 30-minute chicken tortilla soup uses both Hunt’s and RO*TEL tomatoes to make a comforting, flavorful soup that’s perfect for fall!
You know, like how soup-er simple this soup is? Or how it’s so comforting it’s fall-tastic?
Ah, I slay myself with these.
I could get cornier, but I’ll spare you my cheesy jokes.
Hey, I said I loved a good pun not that I made good puns.
But really, jokes aside, this soup tastes like a warm hug in a bowl. And! And! And! It only takes 30 minutes to make. High-fives all around!
The truth is, during this time of year, I cannot get enough of soup, stews, or chilis.
When the days grow shorter, the nights grow longer, and the weather changes from hotter-than-the-sun to baby-it’s-cold-outside, all I want is to curl up under a blanket with a remote in one hand and bowl of steaming soup in the other (soup and Gilmore Girls pair extremely well, in case you were wondering).
One of my favorite things about this soup is how easy it is to throw together. Thanks to Hunt’s and RO*TEL, this chicken tortilla soup comes together in 30 minutes. #score
Even though I love to cook, easy weeknight meals are a must. After a long day of work, sometimes I’m too exhausted to do anything else but put a bunch of ingredients into a pan and let it simmer.
Spoiler alert: It simmers into something outstanding.
This is currently my new favorite soup/dinner/everything.
It’s bean (been) real.
I couldn’t resist slipping in another one.
This simple 30-minute chicken tortilla soup uses both Hunt's and RO*TEL tomatoes to make a comforting, flavorful soup that's perfect for fall!
- 1 (14oz) can Hunt's diced tomatoes
- 1 (10oz) can RO*TEL diced tomatoes with green chiles (RO*TEL Mexican Festival diced tomatoes would work wonderfully as well!)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock, low-sodium
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup salsa, medium
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder (feel free to add more if you prefer your soup spicier)
- 1 tsp taco seasoning (any brand will work)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- tortilla strips
- sour cream
- extra lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken in a foil-lined baking dish, and drizzle with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and 2 tsp of lime juice. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- While the chicken is baking, in a large pot, stir together Hunt's tomatoes, RO*TEL tomatoes and green chiles, drained black beans, chicken stock, corn, salsa, and chili powder and taco seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, about 1-2 minutes. Once it boils, lower the temperature and allow the soup to simmer for 25 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked, chop or shred it, and add it to the soup. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste (or more chili powder or taco seasoning if you prefer a spicier soup).
- Add toppings to the soup and enjoy!