These thick and chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are stuffed with a gooey marshmallow! Plus, a fun how-to video!
It’s Saturday! And it’s October! And I made my first blog how-to video (you can watch it below)!
As a kid, October was exciting because it meant that come the end of the month, I’d end up with a bag of candy that rivaled the size of Texas.
Now, October is exciting because I’m a sucker for harvest, pumpkin patches, apple picking, and pretty much every other typical (and amazing) fall activity there is.
(Okay, okay, the candy part is still just as exciting.)
PUMPKIN cookies filled with chocolate and marshmallows, to be exact.
These cookies are like a s’more met a slice of pumpkin pie met a chocolate chip cookie.
If that doesn’t sound like a match made in Heaven, I don’t know what else does.
I really, really love eating my way through
fall life. Who’s with me?!
Oh my gourd, you have got to try these! (On a scale of 1-12, how much do you hate me for that 🙂 )
These thick and chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are stuffed with a gooey marshmallow!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 5 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6-7 large marshmallows, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy, about a minute.
- Next, add in sugars and cream until combined.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, and cloves.
- Mix with wet ingredients.
- Once combined, add in chips. Stir.
- Allow the dough to chill for at least 30 minutes in the fridge (or freeze cookie sheet of made dough balls for 5 minutes before baking).
- Take about 2 Tbsp of dough and flatten it slightly in your hand. Stick a half marshmallow in the center, and fold the cookie dough around the marshmallows, forming it into a ball (watch video below for more info). Make sure the marshmallow is completely covered by the dough.
- Place evenly on a cookie sheet, and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
My favorite products used in this recipe:
It could use some fine-tuning, but it was so much fun to make!