Vanilla Cheesecake Bars with Chai Whipped Cream: These creamy vanilla cheesecake bars are rich, delicious, and topped with a homemade chai whipped cream!
Have you seen that high-larious Dirty Dancing commercial? The one where “I’ve Had the Time of My Life” comes on and the lady attempts to swan dive into her husband’s arms, but he’s 100% unprepared and drops her on the table?
It kills me. Every. Single. Time.
The commercial was so unexpected, and plus, I’m such a girl and I adore the movie, so I love anything even remotely related to it. I mean, I actually own the soundtrack on vinyl, and when I found it at the record store, I’m pretty sure I actually squealed. Out loud.
Kimmy Gibbler first introduced me to Patrick Swayze (of course, it wasn’t until a few years later that I actually saw the movie). Kimmy always had it right though, didn’t she? She truly was the best character–full of hilarious insults and crazy fashion ensembles.
I’ll forever be grateful to Kimmy for that introduction, because the movie is the quintessential girl’s night in chick flick. It’s romantic, a little dramatic, and I think, at some level, we all can relate to Baby’s famous “I carried a watermelon” line when she first meets Johnny (I don’t even want to think about what I would have said in that situation–BUT I’m pretty sure it would have been equally awkward and moronic).
Cheesecake is the perfect addition to any chick flick. In fact, it might even be the main event. Sorry, Patrick.
It’s the ultimate comfort food, as Rachel and Chandler proved to us by eating something like 3 whole cheesecakes in the span of a week.
Nobody puts Baby in a corner? No, nobody puts cheesecake in a corner.
Why? Because it’s the life of the party. Plain and simple.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsps vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp instant Chai
- 2-3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix melted butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs together. Once combined, press crust into an 7x11 baking pan. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Slowly add in sugar and cream until combined. Add in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla and mix. Pour cheesecake filling over crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheesecake center is set (the cheesecake is done when the center is still slightly jiggly--it will firm as it cools). With the oven off and the door cracked ajar, allow the cheesecake to sit for 30 minutes to an hour (this will help prevent cracks in the cheesecake). Once it has reached room temperature, refrigerate until cold.
- For the whipped cream, beat heavy cream on med-high until soft peaks begin to form, about 2-3 minutes. Add chai and powdered sugar and beat until the cream reaches stiff peaks, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Once the cheesecake is cold, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired!
My favorite products used in this recipe:
Check out my other similar recipes: