This easy monkey bread recipe is stuffed with cream cheese and strawberries to put a fun twist on a classic recipe! Scroll down for the video of how they’re made!
Do you know what happens when you take biscuit dough, stuff it with cream cheese and strawberries, roll it in cinnamon sugar, and drizzle (more like dunk) it and caramel sauce?
Magic. Pure magic happens.
Aaaand, it’s ridiculously easy to make.
You are so welcome.
These cute little monkey breads use pre-made biscuit dough to make them super easy. Of course, if you want to use homemade dough, knock yourself out. I, on the other hand, don’t have the patience to make homemade biscuit dough. I know patience is a virtue and all that, but it’s a real struggle when dessert is involved.
Plus, I really, really love Pillsbury Grands biscuits. They’re buttery and so easy to make and I could probably down like 4 of them if given the chance. And the flaky ones with all the layers? Craving one of those just a smidge right now.
See how easy they are?! Give ’em a try–I know you’ll love!
- 1 can refrigerator biscuits I use Pillsbury Grands
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar 3 Tbsp sugar + 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cubed cream cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped strawberries
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1-2 Tbsp cream or milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with liners. Typically, this recipe makes about 10 mini monkey bread cups.
- Cut each biscuit into 4-5 pieces, depending upon how large each biscuit is (when you stuff the dough, it will stretch out quite a bit).
- Flatten each piece in the palm of your hand and place a cube of cream cheese and 1-2 strawberry pieces in the center. Fold the dough completely around the filling, making sure the dough completely covers the filling.
- Roll the dough into a ball, and roll it in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place the dough into the muffin cups, about 3-4 pieces per cup (depending upon the size).
- Sprinkle any leftover strawberries over the dough.
- In a small saucepan over med-low heat, combine butter, brown sugar, 1 Tbsp cream (or milk), and vanilla extract. Once combined, bring the mixture to a boil (over med-low heat). As soon as it's boiling, remove from the heat. If the sauce is too thick, add in the last Tbsp of cream (or milk).
- Over each muffin cup, spoon a little bit of caramel sauce, repeating until you are out of sauce.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Best when served warm.
Here are some other easy recipes I think you’ll love!
Kacey @ The Cookie Writer says
Love! They are so cute in miniature form. And strawberry season is drawing near!
I love monkey bread muffins! What a fun idea to make a strawberry cream cheese version, these look delicious!
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
These strawberry cheesecake monkey bread cups are adorable and look beyond delicious 🙂
Jenn @ Peas and Crayons says
This is my kind of monkey bread! So creative!!! <3
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
What a great idea to make individual monkey breads! Helps with portion control, too.
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
These monkey breads look delicious! I love the serving size! And I love strawberry and cheesecake combo! YUM!
Cathy | Lemon Tree Dwelling says
Oh my….these mini monkey breads could not be more perfect! How fun would they be for Easter brunch??
Mary Frances says
These are adorable!! Strawberry and cheesecake is a fantastic combination. My mouth is watering!
Deb A says
These look so cute and fun for breakfast!