This easy monkey bread recipe is stuffed with cream cheese and strawberries to put a fun twist on a classic recipe! Scroll down for the video of how they’re made!
Magic. Pure magic happens.
Aaaand, it’s ridiculously easy to make.
You are so welcome.
These cute little monkey breads use pre-made biscuit dough to make them super easy. Of course, if you want to use homemade dough, knock yourself out. I, on the other hand, don’t have the patience to make homemade biscuit dough. I know patience is a virtue and all that, but it’s a real struggle when dessert is involved.
Plus, I really, really love Pillsbury Grands biscuits. They’re buttery and so easy to make and I could probably down like 4 of them if given the chance. And the flaky ones with all the layers? Craving one of those just a smidge right now.
See how easy they are?! Give ’em a try–I know you’ll love!
- 1 can refrigerator biscuits I use Pillsbury Grands
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar 3 Tbsp sugar + 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cubed cream cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped strawberries
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1-2 Tbsp cream or milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with liners. Typically, this recipe makes about 10 mini monkey bread cups.
- Cut each biscuit into 4-5 pieces, depending upon how large each biscuit is (when you stuff the dough, it will stretch out quite a bit).
- Flatten each piece in the palm of your hand and place a cube of cream cheese and 1-2 strawberry pieces in the center. Fold the dough completely around the filling, making sure the dough completely covers the filling.
- Roll the dough into a ball, and roll it in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place the dough into the muffin cups, about 3-4 pieces per cup (depending upon the size).
- Sprinkle any leftover strawberries over the dough.
- In a small saucepan over med-low heat, combine butter, brown sugar, 1 Tbsp cream (or milk), and vanilla extract. Once combined, bring the mixture to a boil (over med-low heat). As soon as it's boiling, remove from the heat. If the sauce is too thick, add in the last Tbsp of cream (or milk).
- Over each muffin cup, spoon a little bit of caramel sauce, repeating until you are out of sauce.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Best when served warm.
Here are some other easy recipes I think you’ll love!