This No Bake Mint Chocolate Pie has a homemade oreo crust, a layer of chocolate ganache and is finished off with a mint cream pie filling. Some homemade whipped cream and chocolate shavings complete this easy no bake chocolate mint pie, making it a perfect St. Patrick’s Day dessert!
If you’re anything like me, you L-O-V-E chocolate and mint together. And this No Bake Chocolate Mint Pie is equal parts all things chocolate and all things mint. It’s a dream.
If it were possible to be infatuated with a dessert, then I’d totally be crushing on this No Bake Mint Chocolate Pie.
It’s kind of a dreamboat of a dessert.
The Michael J Fox of pies.
It’s this amazing combination of chocolate and mint. Full of creamy mint filling, a thick layer of ganache and a chocolate oreo crust that I’d eat entirely by myself.
Chocolate mint cream pie (that’s no bake!) for the Pi Day/Saint Patrick’s Day/everyday life win.
I’ve mentioned this before, but I find the whole pinch-you-if-you’re-not-wearing-green St. Patty’s tradition pretty bizarre.
I don’t know if that’s still a thing or not, as I think the last time it happened to me was in elementary school or jr. high. Thankfully, we live in a society where complete strangers don’t pinch you for forgetting to wear green, but the whole principle of the thing is weird.
If I could go back to elementary school now, I’d make sure to bring this pie with me. I mean, if I have green mint pie filling on my face, does that technically count as wearing green? (Because, true story, I have embarrassingly on more than one occasion had chocolate or ice cream or something on my face without knowing it… Note to self, check a mirror once in a while).
By now, you know I straight up love mint. Whether it’s this Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Pie, these Double Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies, or the topic of the hour, aka, this No Bake Mint Chocolate Pie, you can rest assured I’ll be eating more than my fair share.
If you fancy yourself a slice of this chocolate mint pie, let’s get down to the deets.
There are just a handful of ingredients in this mint chocolate pie:
- oreos and butter
- cream cheese
- mint extract
- powdered sugar
- heavy whipping cream
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Andes mints
Tips & Tricks for this No Bake Mint Chocolate Pie
- Make sure you use mint extract and not peppermint extract. Mint extract has a slightly different flavor than peppermint and that’s the flavor we want here in this pie.
- Additionally, be careful when using mint extract. A little goes a long way, and too much mint can definitely lead to the dessert tasting like toothpaste.
- You can use any oreos you want for the crust—regular, dark chocolate, mint, etc. I used the dark chocolate Oreos here (who knew those were a thing?!), but the mint ones or the regular ones would be amazing here as well.
- The green color comes from a little bit of green food coloring. You can omit this if you prefer, but I wanted to make sure this pie was obviously minty in nature.
Mint pie lovers rejoice!
- 20 Oreos, regular, chocolate or mint
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Andes mints, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp mint extract (if you like your pie very minty, you can use up to 1/2 tsp mint extract)
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- Andes mints, chopped
- 4 Oreos, chopped
- Crush Oreos into fine crumbs, using a food processor. Mix the crumbs with melted butter, and press into a 9” or 10” pie plate. Set aside.
- Heat heavy cream until just below a boil (either on the stove or in the microwave) and pour over chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to sit for a couple of minutes, then whisk the mixture until all the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the ganache into the crust, spreading it in an even layer. Place the crust into the fridge to allow the ganache to set up.
- Whip heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar together until it thickens up and is the consistency of whipped cream. Divide the whipped cream in half and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar together, and mint extract together until well combined.
- Add in food coloring and mix until combined.
- Mix chocolate chips and chopped Andes mints into the cream cheese.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, mixing gently until all of the whipped cream is incorporated.
- Take the crust out of the fridge, and pour the mint filling over the top of the ganache, spreading in an even layer.
- Top the pie with the remaining whipped cream and sprinkle the top with additional chopped Andes mint and Oreo crumbs, if desired.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
Here are some other pies you might love: