This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetnSaltyHoliday #CollectiveBias
This easy double chocolate chip cookie recipe is THE cookie for any chocolate dessert lovers! These rich chocolate cookies are full of chocolate chips, Lay’s Wavy chocolate covered potato chips, and salty pretzels! Salty and sweet at its finest.
Hello, all you chocolate lovers out there. This one’s for you (and me, but mostly you).
Do you remember that Friends episode where Monica and Rachel give cookies to the super and newspaper delivery guy in place of a Christmas tip? In case you don’t remember, or have never seen the episode, Mr. Treeger, the super, loves the personal touch of the cookies, while the newspaper guy sends them back to the girls smashed in a newspaper.
Mr. Treeger gets me. Or perhaps I get him, because who doesn’t love the homey touch of a box of baked cookies? I get it, cookies don’t pay the bills, but whenever I see that episode, I can’t help but think that newspaper guy has no soul.
Or, maybe Monica just sent the wrong cookies. I know she was a fancy chef and all on the show, but everyone makes mistakes. Maybe this guy was just in need something rich, chocolatey, and full of salty chocolate covered potato chips–just like these cookies.
It might just be the best Christmas gift anyone could receive. 😉
Sweet and salty is totally my jam. There’s nothing like the tang of the salt mixed with the sweetness of chocolate to curb a serious need for dessert. These Lay’s Wavy chocolate covered potato chips are, hands down, the perfect mix of salty and sweet.
Now, as you may have gathered, cookies are kind of my thing. Obviously, given my love of desserts, I’m partial to cookies year around. However, during this time of the year, cookies are my number one choice–to eat, to bake, to share.
And, unless you have a heartless friend or newspaper delivery guy, like Monica and Rachel, no one would turn down a plate of these fantastic cookies for the holidays! It’s a fact.
Your friends and family are going to love you for these cookies.
Yields 12-14 Large Cookies
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder (optional; espresso powder brings out the flavor of chocolate without adding any coffee flavor)
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (regular unsweetened cocoa powder is fine as well)
- 1/2 cup Lay’s Wavy chocolate covered potato chips, roughly chopped (I used a combination of both Dark Chocolate Wavy Lays and Milk Chocolate Wavy Lays)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Rold Gold Pretzels, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in both granulated and brown sugars, beating until well combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and beat until combined.
- Add in salt, espresso powder, and baking soda; mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and cocoa powder together. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Add in Lay’s Wavy chocolate covered potato chips, Rold Gold pretzels, and chocolate chips; mix until combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop (about 2 Tbsp of dough per cookie), scoop the dough and spread evenly on the cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until cookies are done.
Lay’s Wavy Chocolate Covered Potato Chips come in 3 different flavors:
1. Milk Chocolate
2. Dark Chocolate
3. Milk Chocolate Covered with Almond Bits (new 2016 flavor)
These can be found at your local Target for a limited time! The holidays are coming quickly so don’t miss out on these amazing sweet and salty treats!