These easy Double Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies are full of white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and Nestle chocolate crunch bits! Rich and fudgy, these chewy double chocolate chip cookies are kind of to die for.
These Double Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies will satisfy even the biggest of chocolate fans!
Trust me. As a true chocolate fanatic, these are where it’s at. 😉
‘Tis the season for all things cookies!
Or perhaps I should say, ’tis the season for ‘everything that tastes amazing and will give you reason to take up running in the new year.’
I kid…to an extent.
It’s just so bad. If it’s not a cookie I’m eating (and as of late, besides these Double Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies, I’ve been obsessed with these Chewy Maple Sugar Cookies), it’s this Easy Chocolate Fudge. If it’s not the homemade fudge, it’s toffee. If it’s not the toffee…
The struggle is so real.
Back in the day, my mom went to an annual Christmas cookie exchange. Apart from Christmas Day itself, that was pretty much the highlight of the season.
It was practically Christmas magic. I mean, she left the house with one batch of cookies and came home with somewhere between 10-12 batches.
Can we all just take a moment and applaud the creator of cookie exchange parties? Any time you can leave with one set of cookies and come back with double digits, it’s a glorious thing.
Plus, attending a cookie exchange party gives you a perfectly good excuse to have multiple batches of cookies on your counter without subject to judgement.
My mom typically brought Molasses Sugar Cookies or Snickerdoodles to her cookie exchange, which was amazing because she always made extras for us (and both of those are my ultimate comfort cookies).
However, if you’re a major chocolate fan, then these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with a little bit of crunch are THE choice for you. Whether you’re looking for a chocolate cookie recipe for a Christmas party, for Santa, or just because (I’m a major proponent of the ‘just because’ reason), these chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips are a must bake!
Double Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies Tips & Tricks:
- For these double chocolate chip cookies, I used a combination of white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and Nestle crunch bits. Feel free to use any combination of chocolate chips, or try these with just Nestle crunch bits. The dough is completely versatile!
- I love espresso powder and I use it in all of my chocolate desserts. While it is optional in this recipe, coffee enhances the flavor of chocolate, thus the espresso powder gives these cookies that extra rich flavor.
- I opted for dark chocolate cocoa powder because I love the intense, rich flavor it gives these cookies. You can easily substitute unsweetened cocoa powder as well.
These rich double chocolate chip cookies are full of white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and Nestle chocolate crunch bits!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder (optional; espresso powder brings out the flavor of chocolate without adding any coffee flavor)
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (regular unsweetened cocoa powder is fine as well)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Buncha Crunch Baking Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in both granulated and brown sugars, beating until well combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and beat until combined.
- Add in salt, espresso powder, and baking soda; mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and cocoa powder together. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until combined.
Add in white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips and Buncha Crunch Baking Bits; mix until combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop (about 2 Tbsp of dough per cookie), scoop the dough and spread evenly on the cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until cookies are done.
Here are some other cookie recipes I love:
Sweet & Salty Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft-Baked Cutout Sugar Cookies
(Originally posted in 2016; updated in 2018)
Lora @savoringitaly says
I’m craving these cookies right now with a hot cup of tea. The perfect chocolate chip cookie for the holidays!
Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet says
These look perfect and I love that touch of crunch!
My kids are such cookie hounds! They’re going to love these!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I agree…the struggle is SO real when you’re the one making and then eating all of the sweets! And I hear you about the cookie exchange. I’ve done two before and I’m always in awe of how many I come home it! But of course, I eat them ALL! These cookies sound perfect, Michelle! I love the crunch and double the chocolate. Such a great treat for the holidays!
Laura at I Heart Naptime says
These look so delicious! I think I’m gonna surprise my boys with a batch of these to snack on while we do our first Advent activity this evening!
Must eat all the chocolate!!! These look so good, but then again, what doesn’t on your page? Always love stopping by!
Maryanne | the little epicurean says
I love cookie season. And in my opinion, the more chocolate, the better!
Cathy | Lemon Tree Dwelling says
I’m in love with the added crunch!!
I am going to be craving these all day!