These rich double chocolate chip cookies are full of white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and Nestle chocolate crunch bits! They will satisfy even the biggest of chocolate fans! Trust me. As a true chocolate fanatic, these are where it’s at. 😉
‘Tis the season for cookies! And chocolate. And candy. And pretty much everything else that tastes amazing and is probably really, really bad for you in the long run. 😉
Guys, it’s so bad. Realistically, I have no one to blame but myself, because I’m the one who’s making all of these sugar-laden things. And, I’m also the one who can’t seem to say no to the large-sized Christmas coffee drinks. Or the fudge. Or dessert tables at every Christmas gathering.
The struggle is so real.
And these cookies. I had to this to myself. It’s a total ‘Mmmm these cookies‘ ala Jingle All the Way moment.
Ugh, I have chocolate problems.
Back in the day, my mom went to an annual Christmas cookie exchange. Apart from Christmas Day itself, that was pretty much the highlight of the season. It was practically Christmas magic. She left the house with one batch of cookies and came home with somewhere between 10-12 batches.
Cookie exchanges = one of the best inventions of all time. Anytime you can leave with one set of cookies and come back with double digits, it’s a glorious thing.
I’ll be the first to tell you that I don’t discriminate against any cookie. However, if I had to choose a favorite type of cookie, it would most definitely be the double chocolate variety. Put whatever you want in it (Milky Ways, Reese’s, potato chips, etc.), but as long as it’s chocolate on chocolate, I’m a goner.
On a different subject (but kind of the same), candy bars. These cookies would be great with just white and semi-sweet chips; but, with Crunch bar bits, these are INSANE (aka, delish). Next to Twix, Crunch bars might be my favorite candy bar, and the Crunch bits, are genius. High five, Nestle. High five.
These are a Christmas must (and miracle)!
Yields 12-14 Cookies
20 minPrep Time
14 minCook Time
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder (optional; espresso powder brings out the flavor of chocolate without adding any coffee flavor)
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (regular unsweetened cocoa powder is fine as well)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Buncha Crunch Baking Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in both granulated and brown sugars, beating until well combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and beat until combined.
- Add in salt, espresso powder, and baking soda; mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and cocoa powder together. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Add in white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and Buncha Crunch Baking Bits; mix until combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop (about 2 Tbsp of dough per cookie), scoop the dough and spread evenly on the cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until cookies are done.
Here are some other cookie recipes I love: