Bacon Barbecue Chicken Grilled Cheese: Packed with the works, this grilled cheese is comfort food at its finest. Cheesy bacon goodness.
Can we just discuss how weekends are pretty much the best thing on the planet?
Weekends were made for things like cheese.
And cake with ganache (or just ganache, because, melted chocolate and cream).
Basically, weekends were made for comfort food, because calories don’t count on weekends. It’s a thing.
A grilled cheese is the ultimate comfort food in my book. There’s something about the combination of crunchy bread mixed with melted cheese that tops my list of comfort food must-haves.
Back in college, I lived near this grilled cheese and cereal cafe. I know, it sounds like a weird combination, but seeing as though cereal and milk is the one thing I’d have to have on a desert island with grilled cheese being a close second, this cafe was pure genius. Why yes, I would like to have a smorgasbord of cereals and grilled cheese. Please and thank you.
Plus, it sat next to this hole-in-the-wall bookstore that played music over vinyl and cassettes and still did it’s book keeping by hand, which somehow seemed incredibly poetic. Heading to that part of town was like Christmas everyday, without the whole Erik von Detten-horrendous-TV-Christmas-movie affiliation (Why did Disney insist on using him for everything?).
- 4 slices bread any kind you like
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 bacon slices cooked (I used turkey bacon, but any kind of bacon works great)
- 1 large chicken breast cooked, seasoned, and cut into slices
- 4 Tbsp barbecue sauce I used Sweet Baby Rays Honey Barbecue, but any sauce would be great
- 2 slices monterey jack cheese
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- On each slice of bread, spread 1/2 Tbsp of butter, making sure the whole piece of bread is covered evenly. Flip the bread over so that the buttered side is facing down.
- Spread 1 Tbsp of barbecue sauce on each slice of bread.
- On two slices of bread, place a piece of monterey jack cheese on each.
- Layer the chicken over the two slices of the bread, keeping the chicken pieces as flat as possible. Add two pieces of bacon to each of the two slices of bread.
- Top bacon with pepper jack cheese slices, and place the the other two slices of bread on top of the cheese, barbecue sauce side down.
- On a greased and preheated skillet over medium heat, cook each side of the sandwich about 2-3 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Here are some other grilled cheese recipes:
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
This is serious comfort food! Love!
Alyssa @ My Sequined Life says
This grilled cheese is what dreams are made of! At least mine. 🙂 So many great flavors, Michelle!
Melanie | Melanie Makes says
Cheesy bacon goodness, indeed!
I could eat this every single day. YUM
There is a restaurant chain here in the US that only sells grilled cheese! I could never pass one up!
Ashlyn @ Belle of the Kitchen says
Grilled cheese is my comfort food, and I’m LOVING it with the bacon and barbecue chicken!
Michelle @ Blackberry Babe says
Dream grilled cheese!
Nutmeg Nanny says
Oh hello gorgeous! When you put things like bacon, sourdough bread, chicken and BBQ sauce all together you have me going crazy! This sandwich looks so good!