This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of RAGÚ® Homestyle Pasta Sauce. All opinions are entirely my own.
This easy appetizer recipe for Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Bites is sure to be a hit! They are filled with simple ingredients and come together quickly! Made with RAGÚ®, this is the perfect tailgating or homegating! #Ragutailgating done right!
The New Year has pretty much just begun, and it’s already so busy I don’t even know what to do with myself. This year has started off with a bang, and I’ve already broken one of the food blogger’s cardinal rules: I’ve shown up empty-handed to parties.
How does a food blogger not bring food to a party? I’m still not sure how it happened.
It wasn’t my shining moment.
I’ve had plenty of New Year’s resolutions this year (let’s not actually talk about if I’ve kept them or not…), but after the aforementioned blunder, which I’ve dubbed as “the incident,” I’m tacking on a new resolution that I will never, under any circumstances, show up empty handed to a party.
Cue these mini pepperoni pizza bites. Made with fantastic yet easy ingredients, these can be whipped up in a moment’s notice for any party. If I could make a suggestion, I’d probably make these for that Big Game that’s coming up soon? *hint hint*
These easy, Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Bites require only a handful of ingredients:
1. RAGÚ® Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce
2. Pizza Dough
4. Mozzarella (or a blend of Italian cheeses)
5. Olive oil
6. Oregano, Salt, & Pepper
See? Now both you and I have absolutely no excuse to show up empty-handed to a party. In fact, people will probably demand you make these for any and all get-togethers. Demand, I tell you.
If you’re anything like me, when it comes to pizza, the star of the show is definitely the sauce. While there are plenty of other ingredients that come into play when baking pizza, without a quality, flavorful sauce, the pizza lacks in overall taste.
For these Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Bites, I used RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce, which is a rich, hearty sauce filled with real, farm-grown ingredients that have been simmered to perfection. It has an amazing made-from-scratch taste and is free from artificial flavors. Additionally, there is no high fructose corn syrup or artificial history with this sauce.
RAGÚ Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce is filled with vine ripened tomatoes, herbs (including fennel, basil, ground black pepper, and garlic), and the peeled, chopped, and simmered ingredients create a smooth yet textured sauce.
These Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Bites filled with RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce are the perfect solution to your tailgating/homegating party spread! I mean, who doesn’t love pizza?! Your friends and family are going to love you for this. Trust me.
- 1 cup RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce, plus more for dipping
- 1 pound pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 3/4 - 1 cup mozzarella cheese, or an Italian cheese blend, shredded (plus more for sprinkling on top)
- 30-32 pepperoni slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 9 x 11” baking pan with baking spray. Spread about 1/4 cup of RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce in the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface. With a knife, cut the dough into 12 equal squares.
- Place 1 tablespoon of RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce in the center of each dough square.
- Add 2 pieces of pepperoni on top of the the pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle about 1 Tbsp of cheese on top of the pepperonis.
- Take the corners of each dough square and bring the ends up, pinching the dough together to form a ball (all ingredients should be hidden inside of the dough).
- Place the pepperoni pizza bites, pinched-sides down, in the baking pan.
- Cut remaining pepperoni in half, and add the slices between the rolls.
- Brush the tops of the pizza bites with olive oil, and sprinkle oregano, salt, and pepper over the tops of the rolls.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top of the rolls.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Serve with RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce.
Find all of these RAGÚ Homestyle Pasta Sauces at your local Kroger:
RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce
RAGÚ Homestyle Cheese Pasta Sauce
RAGÚ Homestyle Meat Pasta Sauce
RAGÚ Homestyle Roasted Garlic Sauce
RAGÚ has a longstanding tradition of authentic, fresh flavor you can taste in each bite! One taste, and you’re sure to be in love!