This shop has been compensated by CollectiveBias, Inc. on behalf of its advertiser, ZonePerfect. #SnackandRally #CollectiveBias
This pretty in pink chocolate strawberry banana smoothie bowl is made with fresh ingredients and topped with fresh fruit, sliced almonds, dark chocolate chips, and ZonePerfect® Dark Chocolate Almond Nutrition Bars!
Smoothie bowls might be my newest obsession.
They’re pretty. They’re fun. They’re practically a gift to yourself.
I read an article recently where someone was complaining about smoothie bowls, saying, why would anyone want to spoon a smoothie rather than drink it? I feel them, and I see their point, but I would have to raise them this argument:
Smoothie bowls are all about the toppings.
From granola to nuts to fruit to even crumbled nutrition bars, like ZonePerfect® Nutrition Bars, you can pretty much follow your heart and put whatever you want in a smoothie bowl.
And, despite the fact I may be an adult, I still really enjoy playing with my food. Smoothie bowls are the perfect vessel (and excuse) to play with my food without being judged…much.
Traditionally, most smoothie bowls have a thicker smoothie base than a drinkable smoothie. Usually, the base is a cross somewhere between a smoothie and soft-serve frozen yogurt, giving it that perfect texture to hold the toppings, aka, the stars of the show.
While I would take a smoothie bowl anytime of the day, I especially love them during the mid-afternoon slump. After being up so early in the morning, I tend to get really sluggish in the afternoon, which, usually leads to cravings of all sorts of sugary things I probably would regret later.
This strawberry banana smoothie bowl (with chocolate!) has come to my rescue on more than one occasion, as it is filled with fresh fruit, protein, and a bit of dark chocolate to satisfy my giant sweet tooth in a nutritious way.
To add even more protein and fiber, I crumbled ZonePerfect® Dark Chocolate Almond Bars on top. It gives the smoothie bowl a nice crunchy texture, which, in turn, has a pretty nice mouth feel to it (it’s a thing 😉 ), while also satisfying any craving I might have for chocolate.
I’ll just lay it out for you: ZonePerfect® bars are good–stand alone and as a topping.
It tastes delish and helps you stay strong throughout the rest of the day, so, basically, this gift to yourself is the gift that keeps on giving.
- 2/3 cup Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cups Strawberries sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt Vanilla, Plain, or Strawberry
- 1 large banana
- Ice to thicken optional, depending upon your desired consistency
- Strawberries sliced
- Bananas sliced
- Almonds sliced
- ZonePerfect® Dark Chocolate Almond Nutrition bars sliced or crumbled
- Dark Chocolate Chips I used mini
- Maple Syrup Agave, or Honey (for non-vegans) (optional; for added sweetness)
- With a high-powered blender, almond milk, strawberries, Greek yogurt, banana, and ice (if using).
- Once well combined, pour smoothie into a bowl, and add strawberries, bananas, almonds, ZonePerfect® Dark Chocolate Almond Nutrition bars, and dark chocolate chips. If desired, add maple syrup, agave, or honey (for non-vegans). Serve immediately.